Danaher Corporation Account Executive Pathology Imaging Consultant in Addison, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Develop and execute a successful sales strategy for rapid revenue growth and new market development from the assigned market. The position will require aggressive activity, independent initiative and skills while working within the existing sales team environment. He/she should have an impressive history of complex capital equipment and/or healthcare IT sales within the target market.
Major Responsibilities * Develop overall territory and strategic account business plans, including identification and prioritization of key opportunities and “who/what/when” action plans, necessary to close high value business in targeted accounts within assigned geography. * Travel overnight as necessary (estimated at 50%) for all customer appointments, trade shows and customer meetings. Customer call activity will be a balance of existing customers accounts to expand our current base, meeting with active opportunities and prospecting for new opportunities in the assigned geography. * Build strong customer relationships necessary to identify the decision makers and understand the decision making process at each customer opportunity. Leverage these relationships in order to close business. * Utilize consistent, customer-focused, sales techniques allowing for accurate tracking and forecasting of all sales opportunities as defined by sales management processes. * Capable of working either autonomously or with others, including peers, channel partners, product development, marketing and/or executive management. * Become an industry and product expert, capable of serving as a value-added consultant to customers for both Leica Biosystems and the general ePathology market. This will be accomplished by completion of company training and continuous self learning. * Coordinate sales activities within national, multi-site, laboratory accounts byinteracting with other departments in the organization to insure the proper handling of customer requirements. * Build accurate opportunity funnels and achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue forecasts.
* 5 years successful selling experience in clinical healthcare space * 3 years experience with sales to the pathology and healthcare IT markets preferred * Hospital Sales * Digital Imaging * Strong working knowledge of the overall healthcare industry * Self starter and independent thinker, with aptitude to work autonomously * Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Listens to the customer and presents with a high degree of comfort and credibility. * Track record of rapidly and consistently generating sales revenue * Ability to travel a significant percentage of time (60% overnight travel)
Education: * BA/BS
Travel: * Ability to travel a significant percentage of time (60% overnight travel)
Language: * English
- High level selling within the healthcare space with a proven track record of managing and expanding a territory in markets that have not yet been highly penetrated (creating the need).
- Strong understanding of business and laboratory operations in a clinical laboratory, experience in pathology or healthcare IT sales, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Internal Relationships:Includes but limited to * Marketing * Commercial Operations
External Relationships:Includes but not limited to * Pathology * Finance * Lab Administration * Hospital Administration Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job./ /Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands:/ / While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to10_pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision,color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times. Work environment:/ / While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: SEL001323