Danaher Corporation Field Application Engineer in Alabang Muntinlupa City, Philippines
Job Title: Field Application Engineer
Job Location: Manila, Philippines
The Field Service and Applications Engineer is a field-based position responsible for supporting and growing the Cepheid business among our current and potential customers.
The role provides support to our Service Partner Field Engineer and Application Specialist with technical/applications training and with effective trouble shooting, repair and maintenance of GeneXpert products in a designated territory. The FAE serves as the go-to-person on matters related to GX System, Installation and Application.
The Position will work within the Customer Care team, supports the Channel Partner and report locally to the Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support and quality training quality system, software, assay application and
maintenance demonstration/training and support to customers.
• Manage customer system and assay from installation, implementation to customer go-live
(patient reporting) by following the ready set-go program for verification, validation and
implementation of systems/assays.
• Provide customer education and technical expertise by introducing product clinical values
and demonstrating product features to meet customers’ unmet needs.
• Manage customer data in the company CRM, SAP as requested by sales/marketing and
adherence to Cepheid SOP’s.
• Coordinate scheduling of other Cepheid resource utilization within the Territory including
Sales, Marketing and Technical Support.
• Collect and share market and competitive intelligence to sales organization (public
procurements, competitors, business partners).
• Understand and know clinical environment and competitor products.
• Travel throughout a designated service region on short notice to support the company's
products and field service partners.
• Provide occasional weekend service support within a short period of time.
• Achieve and exceed Customer Satisfaction objectives
• Perform routine standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning
equipment or software.
• Document and report the company's product "design reliability" and "maintenance issues"
and/or problems to technical support.
• Proactive preventive maintenance and modifications, reactive repairs and basic calibration,
and installations and de-installations, in a timely, productive, and cost-effective way
• Ensure that we meet KPIs and participate / lead Continuous Improvement programs
• Educate customer on Cepheid product availability, including system and assay portfolio
• Maximize system performance and minimize downtime
• Interpret customers’ needs and take responsibility for problem resolution amongst other
functions liaising with the customer on administrative and technical matters
• Regular communication with Supervisor and Coordinators for scheduling
• Timely return of parts, including follow up for collections and delivery
• Ensure all required trainings on technical, compliance etc. that are designated to the
position is completed in a timely manner
High School degree (or equivalent experience) with 4-6 years of related work experience OR
AA or Technical Trade Degree with 2-4 years of related work experience.
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ideally have a relevant Tertiary qualification.
• Experience in the laboratory, medical or a related industry is required.
• Basic knowledge of electrical engineering
• Good understanding of the Pathology testing environment in Philippines.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical failures and method of resolution to
business partners and customers are required.
• Possess the ability to work with customers and vendors at both a business and technical
• Proficient in computer hardware and software repair.
• Ability to configure network devices and interface Cepheid product to local networks.
• Good verbal and written skills capable of explaining technical procedures in writing or
• Ability to work independently, manage time/priorities, and maintain composure under high
levels of demand is necessary.
• Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and
Comprehensive process to determine the root cause and implement corrective action.
• Proficient in reporting activities, maintaining local spare parts inventory recording, and
travel expenses are necessary.
• Mobility: able to travel up to 50% of the time including interstate and international travel
• Creativity, high level of motivation, ethical approach in achieving business goals.
• High level of energy, engagement and responsibility.
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives & goals
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
Operating Company: Cepheid