Danaher Corporation Quality Control Technician in Albany, New York
Danaher Company Description
XOS (X-Ray Optical Systems) is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF©) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
This position is critical to maintaining and ensuring the quality of the finished product that we ship to our customers. As the gate keeper for everything that leaves the factory, this associate plays a critical role in enforcing our high quality standards through the production floor; mistakes at this level result in warranty claims and unhappy customers. As such, a successful candidate in this position is detail oriented, methodical, and observant. Normal duties include, but are not limited to X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) product operation, analyzer calibration and quality control (QC), documentation of test results, data input for QC records, general troubleshooting of QC issues, and daily communication with team members regarding issues pertaining to QC.
• QC of our XRF analyzer products prior to shipment
• Final QC on all new and internal service analyzers (includes demo and loaner instruments)
• Rigorous adhesion to Standard Work procedures
• Proper escalation of any production or QC issues to the Quality team to ensure timely resolution
• Documents quality issues and works with the Quality team to troubleshoot and resolve
• Maintains outgoing product documentation for ISO compliance and quality records
• Sample preparation for taking QC measurements on our products
• Calibration of the analyzers prior to shipment
• Final inspection of product to meet visual/safety requirements
• Maintains Visual Management to track factory performance metrics – SQDIP (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity)
• Daily reporting of performance to SQDIP metrics to broader production team
• Some assembly operations included in sample preparation
• Supports XOS quality policies by adhering to 5S, following detailed process traveler, and documenting all relevant information within the manufacturing and or test cycles.
• Ensure quality of components through part inspection, drawing reviews and documentation of non-conformances
• Participates in New Product Introduction through testing and validation of the QC documentation and procedures
• Ensure inventory accuracy through performance of cycle counts as needed
• Participation in continuous improvement efforts in QC and throughout the factory
Individuals in this position will have ongoing interaction and communications with the following:
• Operations – Daily interaction with Ops team to meet production schedules and to deal with any quality issues.
• Service – Weekly communication with Service team regarding customer returns or loaner instrument requirements
• Quality – Weekly interaction with Quality team regarding open quality issues and works with the team to get to root-cause resolution
• Sales – Weekly updates regarding On-Time-Delivery (OTD) and when product can ship. Occasional collaboration with the Sales Applications team to gather data
• At least 3 years of experience in a Quality Control position
• Excellent mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good with Microsoft Office products
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Previous experience in a manufacturing or product development environment
• Must be a team player and able to independently trouble shoot mechanical and or electrical components as required.
• The individual must be able to work within a fast-paced, metrics driven environment
• Good recordkeeping skills with the attention to detail.
• Comfortable with and successful at multitasking
• Organized with high attention to detail
• Comfortable working for long periods of time while standing
• Independent worker
• Reliable, trustworthy, comfortable holding team accountable to high quality standards
• Maintains a positive attitude in challenging situations
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field, or equivalent
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS)
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-Albany
Req ID: X-R000915