Danaher Corporation Field Service Manager - Southern California in Arizona
Danaher Company Description
Videojet Technologies (a Danaher Company) is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services. Our goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With our customer application experts and technology leadership in continuous ink jet (CIJ), thermal ink jet (TIJ), laser marking, thermal transfer overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 325,000 printers installed worldwide. Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service, and training support is provided by direct operations with over 3,000 team member in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, the Videojet distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is seeking a talented & dynamic individual to fill the position of Field Service Manager (FSM) in the Southern California and surrounding region. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organization. The incumbent will be responsible for providing strong leadership for team of Customer Service Engineers to consistently exceed customer expectations, thus accelerating growth of printer placements and service revenues. They will work cross functionally to employ teamwork at all levels and drive positive results in the organization.
Key Responsibilities & Measurements:
- Through strong customer satisfaction skills, and employing various tools, grow Videojet revenues and printer placements by providing superior service.
- Coach and mentor team of 15-20 technicians to reduce response time, reduce repeat calls, manage inventory, remove hurdles to daily operations, raise expectations and performance of each technician and promote teamwork.
- Motivational teamwork. Drive cohesive cross functional work atmosphere with positive attitude. Increase field morale and expectations. * Excellent follow-up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding issues.
- Financial management. Includes revenue growth, expense management, inventory turns. Basic understanding of or capacity to learn high-level financial statements - essentially understanding the impacts that key decisions have on the Videojet Field Service and OpCo P&L.
Strong communication and listening skills - Supports Customer facing positions, interacts with customers, internal and external and all levels of management. * Excellent sales ability - to continue strong revenue growth, increase the FSMA base, and to mentor others who require this talent. * Full understanding of business operations, revenue growth, expense management, and inventory turns, etc. – to effectively manage team of 20 technicians, and operate in a manner that enables the organization to meet both revenue and profit goals. * Integrity and ethical behavior - Core Danaher value and essential to front line management * Basic understanding or capacity to learn high level technical aspects of equipment, computer software (MS Office) abilities, strong deductive reasoning, not limited by "in the book" thinking, flexible and versatile in decision making
Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 to 5 years of Field Service Management experience, Technical Management experience, or Management in a field that requires regular customer interaction
- If military experience, minimum ranking of E-6
- Computer Programs (MS Office, with strong Excel knowledge) – Oracle & Salesforce.com/ServiceMax experience is a plus * Working knowledge with revenue growth through direct selling
- Strong interpersonal communication skills * Strong deductive reasoning, problem solving skills
- Work environment: all environments from manufacturing, food processing, mail houses, clean rooms, etc. Available to work all shifts, weekends, holidays as required.
Travel dependent upon geographical area
Videojet Technologies Inc.is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Videojet Technologies
Job Function: Management
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles
Req ID: VID003938