Danaher Corporation Account Manager (Southeast) in Atlanta, Georgia
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to)
• Develop strategies designed to increase sales of Leica microscopy products in assigned territory: specifically; recommend product, pricing, advertising and sales promotion strategies
• Identify selling opportunities across product lines, including lead generation
• Identify customer gaps and equate to sales opportunity
• Lead team selling efforts in all identified accounts
• Conduct analysis and performance evaluation of all sales in assigned region by use of the Salesforce.com tool. The evaluation includes sales call activities, follow up on sales leads, attendance at trade shows, contacts with local governments, associations, and academic institutions, and traveling with other product specialists to improve their field sales skills and product knowledge.
• Identify customer needs and evaluate a solution
• Experience in successfully writing grant paperwork and/or business case
• Assists Sales Specialists in the business and technology aspects of quoting opportunities
Coordinate and/or conduct product demonstrations
Perform and assist in demonstrations
CLOSING THE DEAL:
Responsible for moving successful demonstration to order for widefield
Manager follow-up with Purchasing/Price Admin
- Assist in install between Field Service Engineer and customer / Facilities Manager; obtain documentation, signatures, forecast revenue recognition date, and arrange training
Exceeds customer needs by identifying and utilizing appropriate team resources
Ensures that customers are satisfied. Also, must be capable of working effectively with Sales Managers, PLT members, Customer Service Technicians and Representatives, Engineers, Accounting, and Manufacturing to do whatever is necessary to satisfy customers' needs.
• Strong Microscopy and Life Science Research experience required
• Demonstrated core understanding of Microscopy / Imaging / Application
• Relationship Building; Interpersonal and Communication Skills• Project Management and Project Business• Financial / Business Acumen• Knowledge of specific area of work (Commercial, Government, University, etc.)
• Must reside in the greater Atlanta, GA area
Previous microscopy sales experience highly preferred
3+ years successful selling products of a technical nature combined with above
Large Account Management Relationships combined with above
BA / BS or MS degree in biology, chemistry, or a related scientific field.
Desired qualifications express expectations for ideal/fully proficient candidates; equivalent experience will also be considered.
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .