Danaher Corporation RTC Sales Manager - Gulf States in Austin, Texas
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The Claros Real Time Control Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of Claros Process Management solutions in municipal wastewater, industrial wastewater and drinking water applications. The Claros RTC Applications Manager will advance and close opportunities identified by the existing local sales teams to drive growth in Hach’s Claros software portfolio. Business development through 3rd party channels, OEMs, and Engineering & Design firms will also be critical. This is a high impact, seasoned sales engineer role critical to the successful deployment of Hach’s corporate strategy. The Claros Process Management portfolio is used around the world to avoid regulatory issues, reduce chemical and/or utility waste, improve operating efficiencies for plant operations, and drive plant labor productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consult with regional sellers on real time control opportunities to determine probability of success.
* Execute customer calls to discover or affirm business issues and impact that fuels the opportunity.
* Develop and manage a funnel of opportunities, including account or opportunity plans when needed
* Conduct site surveys to assess the suitability of any given customer site for Hach’s optimization solutions.
* Analyze customer performance data to estimate potential savings which may result from the implementation of optimization technologies and solutions.
* Support software optimization opportunities at all stages from concept to customer commitment.
* Ensure efficient and effective transition for customers’ needs to commissioning project manager.
* Coordinate with management to provide detailed forecasts and action plans for the growth of the business. * Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market. * Support Division Sales Managers to identify potential areas for new software solutions business utilizing existing solutions while also targeting growth potential for process solution development. * Provide regular training of the sales team with regards to segmentation and initiation of optimization solution. * Prepare and deliver Software Optimization Solutions and related presentations at specified industry conferences, trade fairs and customer offices. * Support financial objectives by disseminating division budgeted performance goals; coordinates, prepares and implements the division software sales budgets; monitors actual vs. budgeted performance, implementing corrective measures as appropriate; reports goal accomplishment and variance analysis on a quarterly basis. * Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and resolving problems. * Collects and develops information to support and develop sales tools (value sell documents, quick reference sale notes, competitive analysis, etc.) * Other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS * Strong commercial acumen and communication skills required to navigate complex sales and consultative selling situations * Knowledge of Hach’s primary applications in Wastewater, Drinking Water and Industrial markets * Detailed understanding of Hach’s sophisticated instrumentation, control, software products and service solutions * Strong project management skills – key member of account and opportunity teams
* BS or MS degree in a Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering (Chemical, Bio, Systems) * 5-10 years relevant experience in the water industry in a commercial/sales role or relevant experience with a utility or a contractor/consultant providing engineered solutions for the water industry with an emphasis on process design and/or optimization. * Formal sales training with experience owning complex sales processes or large account selling * Detailed knowledge of the wastewater and wastewater sludge treatment processes strongly desired, including; primary sedimentation processes, activated sludge processes for both organics and nutrient removal, chemical dosing for phosphate removal, anaerobic digestion and polymer dosing for sludge thickening and dewatering processes * Ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory * Must have and maintain a valid driver license and a driving record that is acceptable to Hach Company PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field. Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. /The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation./ PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-TX-Dallas
Req ID: HAC005777