Danaher Corporation Field Service Technician, Sr. - Wilmington, DE / Baltimore, MD in Baltimore, Maryland
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Under general direction, the primary role of this position performs advanced customer support activities for process and laboratory instrumentation. Additionally, this position actively promotes the growth of the territory through contract sales and the provision of sales leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using established company guidelines performs on-site start-up, preventive maintenance, routine repair, and calibration/verification of instrumentation.
- Serves as on-site customer contact for technical and service related problems.
- Instructs customer in proper preventive maintenance and operation of equipment.
- Submit prompt, accurate service reports that affect billing, inventory, instrument history, and instrument failure.
- Follows safe work practices according to company policy.
- Involves the supervisor or product expert with challenging/complex problems.
- Identifies service and instrumentation opportunities and escalates that information to the appropriate sales channel.
- Provides informal mentoring and guidance to new Sr. Field Service Technicians.
- Work with and take direction from Division Service Manager/dispatch team to efficiently execute all required service and additional activities.
- Maintain accurate records and efficient usage of replacement parts inventory.
- Frequent overnight travel.
- Works with rest of territorial staff as a team to meet objectives.
- Mandatory overtime as business needs dictate; flexible scheduling required to meet customer demands.
Focus on priorities and relative importance of responsibilities
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause.(Charts the Course)
- Quickly learns when faced with new challenges and strives to enhance his / her knowledge and skills. .(Charts the Course)
- Dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. (Drives Innovation and Growth)
- Demonstrates the sense of urgency and the flexibility needed to achieve results; immediate impact. (Leads through DBS)
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams and Organizations)
- Seeks feedback regarding strengths and weaknesses; acts on feedback. (Acts with Integrity)
- Associates/technical degree preferred or combination of education and experience.
- Mastery of Preventative Maintenance (PM), diagnostics & repair on core products as required.
- 1-2 years field service work desirable
Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment for this position is both office and field service activity.
The field service activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g., lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MD-Baltimore
Req ID: HAC005393