Danaher Corporation Associate Digital DevOps Engineer in Bangalore, India
This position is for Danaher’s PID Digital team located at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 60+ associates for multiple Danaher operating companies. The operating companies includes PID Digital, Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, LS Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, IDBS, SCIEX, HemoCue, Videojet, SCIEX, IDBS, Cytiva and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of ground breaking products. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with global R&D centers at US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Denmark and Sweden. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, measuring 120K sqft.
About Danaher’s PID Digital
What is PID Digital?
PID Digital is our digital innovation, incubation and acceleration center for emerging and disruptive computing and business models.
We bring together strategic product and business leaders, technologists and data scientists to accelerate the development and commercialization of disruptive and transformative digital solutions into the marketplace.
We partner with Danaher operating companies (OpCo) to develop and commercialize emerging and disruptive digital technologies.
By leveraging emerging technologies, PID Digital will accelerate Danaher’s digital innovation journey to create sustainable competitive advantages.
How We Do It?
We forge new disruptive and transformative digital apps, platforms and services by working with emerging technologies such as:
Big Data Fabrics
Cloud (SaaS/PaaS) and other digital frontiers
Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
The Digital DevOps engineer serves as a bridge between the development and operations functions. The engineer identifies and optimizes the interdependencies between these functions through a collaborative approach. The engineer works to improve developer productivity and delivery speed by enabling developers to be more self-sufficient and automating operations processes.
· Define, deploy and manage processes and tools for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) seamlessly without manual intervention, test-driven development, and release management
· Follow and enforce clean code practices, software design patterns, software testing and applying common infrastructure patterns
· Infrastructure Setup, Monitoring, Maintenance and Scale up for PID Digital’s cloud based on AWS/Azure
· Code and/or script solutions to automate processes to easy up building CI/CD pipelines.
· Communicate and collaborate with development teams
· Collaborate on creating and implementing cloud policies and governance.
· Administration of different environments on Cloud
· Build and improvise the automated tools to build infrastructure, monitoring and alerting system and Data visualization
· Create and implement strategies to improve processes; including process re-engineering as required
· Should be willing to participate on a revolving on call schedule
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field with 3+ years’ experience.
· Minimum 2 years’ hands on experience in AWS/Azure technologies such as EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, S3, Cloud Formation
· 2+ years’ hands on experience: AWS, Azure, Virtualization, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
· 2+ years’ hands on experience AWS/Azure monitoring tools, GIT, Node deployment tools
· 3+ years strong hands-on experience in Deployment (CI/CD) tools: Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Ansible
· Experience with administering Windows/Linux, including Web and App server experience (IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere etc.).
· 3+ years’ experience with Bash / PowerShell and other similar script writing skills
· Ability to work with cross-functional and remote teams.
· Ability to travel as needed
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Operating Company: Cepheid