Danaher Corporation Lead Software Engineer - Cloud Applications in Bangalore, India
Lead Software Engineer : Cloud Applications
Job Location – Bangalore, India
OpCo Overview :
SCIEX (http://www.SCIEX.COM) – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
This position is for SCIEX team located at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies includes Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, Canada, Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, measuring 120 K.
The position of Software Cloud Engineer Lead reports to the Software Cloud Manager with the primary responsibility of creating new cloud-based data analytics applications in order to translate Sciex’s strategic vision into technical reality.
You will be called upon to work collaboratively with our business partners, Architects, Product Managers/Owners, to set goals for your team and guide them with hands-on technical expertise. You will not hesitate to go deep in technical implementations. You will bring your proficiency in application development, software development leadership and detailed SW planning/execution acumen.
You will have the opportunity to mentor team member to become highly efficient in what they do with on-time product delivery. You will work with a globally distributed Agile team in a fast- paced environment. Your team members will be located in Bangalore and will closely collaborate with the development teams in Toronto, Canada.
Specific responsibilities commensurate with experience and include:
· Hands-on contributor to build data & analytics platform and web applications using Agile methodology.
· Coach and mentor the team and implement development processes to continuously deliver on time with high efficiency.
· Engage with appropriate cross functional stakeholders, technical leaders and executives to communicate projects status, bring up issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
· Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and all Agile ceremonies.
· Identify right 3rd party software components/frameworks to be used in existing software applications
· Be comfortable with details and when required be hands-on to make sure the delivery expectations are met.
· Work with geographically distributed teams while maintaining highest standards in collaboration and communication.
· Readily accepts responsibility and accountability for project success and key decisions.
· Create design, code and unit test modules/components.
· Develop software requirements from product requirements.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
· Investigate software and system problems using a variety of techniques and provides innovative solutions.
Key Requirement & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 5 + years hands-on design/programming experience with back-end stacks: C#, .NET Core (Must have)
· H ands-on design/programming experience with front-end frameworks: HTML, CSS, React or Angular (Must have)
· 2 + years experience with infrastructure tools: Docker, Containers, Kubernetes
· Experience with AWS infrastructure and services such as EC2, Code Pipeline, API Gateway, S3, ELB, EKS, EBS, etc.
· Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, Aurora, DynamoDB, etc.
· Experience working autonomously on diverse parts of applications (UI, data model, etc.) in a small team
· Demonstrated ability to stay current on latest web development frameworks/tools and ability to make sound recommendations regarding adoption
· Sound design, coding, and documentation practices
· Hands on experience in Distributed Micro service Architecture
· Solid understanding of microservice patterns (CQRS, Event Sourcing, etc)
· Experience with event driven architecture using message bus (Kafka, RabitMQ)
· Familiar with workflow management applications: Argo
· Experience with automated unit and integration tests, TDD, BDD – including cucumber, spec-flow, selenium, postman, etc.
· Experience working in Agile scrum environments
· Experience with working management tools: JIRA & Confluence
· Demonstrated ability to understand and satisfy software performance requirements on both desktop and cloud, including multithreaded development
· FDA regulated environment and healthcare informatics experience is an asset
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Operating Company: Cepheid