Danaher Corporation Internal Audit Manager Latin America in Barra Funda, Brazil
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION:
Based in São Paulo-Brazil, the Internal Audit Manager - Latin America will report to the Latam Director of Internal Audit, with close collaboration with Internal Audit Managers in charge of an assigned engagement and other Corporate Latam areas such as: Presidency, HR, Finance, Legal, Compliance and M&A.
• Assist in planning and execution of high quality financial and compliance audits and reviews, generally under the supervision of the Internal Audit Director.
• Complete assigned portions of engagements, including testing, work paper documentation and report drafting while on site or shortly after completion of field work, with further submission to the Internal Audit Director on a timely basis.
• Support and develop strategies to use Analytics and new technologies during the audits.
• Acquire a good understanding of the audit location’s business and industry.
• Develop positive working relationships with audit location finance teams.
• Be a point of contact for accounting questions or concerns coming from the locations.
• Lend special skillsets or experience to engagements where needed, e.g., language ability, process or forensic audit skills, etc.
• Assist as required with miscellaneous reporting needed for senior management or Audit Committee presentations.
EXPERIENCE AND/ OR EDUCATION :
• At least 7 years with a “Big Four” audit firm.
• Experience with financial statement audits and assurance in multinational companies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration and Engineering.
• Brazilian CRC desired but not mandatory. CPA and CIA are a plus.
• Experience with manufacturing companies and cost accounting is required.
• Experience with US GAAP and SEC public company reporting is required.
• Experience with SOX 404 and internal control assessments is required.
• Must be comfortable with all aspects of the financial audit cycle, including risk assessment and scoping, designing and executing audit procedures, plus proposing and presenting audit recommendations.
• First-hand experience with anti-corruption and forensic audits is a plus.
• Results Orientation
• Travel required: International travel 40% a year (post Covid-19).
Conducts risk assessments, monitors how the business is being governed and internal processes are working. Reviews the suitability of internal control design. Anticipates emerging issues and decides how best to deal with them. Focus on financial and information technology systems/procedures/controls.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .