Danaher Corporation Depot Service Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Depot Service Engineer position is responsible for daily service support of existing customer base. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Depot Service Engineers are responsible for but not limited to: Repair, Calibration, Instrument Qualifications, Shipping & Receiving, Mentoring, Customer training and maintenance of Beckman Coulter equipment at our Service Center sites. Duties will also include writing Service & Calibration reports, answering & returning customer telephone calls and providing Technical Support.
Customer Satisfaction * Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Instrument Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Beckman Coulter technical staff. A clear * advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company * Call Closure ‐Using our computerized system, a DSE is responsible for closing service calls at time * of completion. This action then prompts customer invoices, relieves inventory of parts used and * ultimately leads to our objective of accurate reporting. * Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an * emphasis on a “first time fix” * Excellent follow‐up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially
- capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
- Managing Call Escalations ‐ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according
- to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution.
- Ability to support sales initiatives through lead generation to RSM’s.
- Achieve annual revenue targets.
- Manage individual expenses with on time weekly submission of expenses, signed, with receipt.
- Submission of weekly time card via ADP by end of business day on Friday
- Able to effectively communicate Service agreement offerings on both existing and new equipment.
- Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
- Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
- Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map
- improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements Value Selling:
- Adds value to our service offerings. A FSE must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering more Value by offering other services, new equipment leads, service on non-agreement instruments, etc.)
- Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required: * High School Degree * 2 yrs. of technical experience with electrical/electromechanical repair * Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision * Strong deductive reasoning and problem‐solving skills * Computer skills with Excel and Outlook * Strong interpersonal and communication skills Preferred: * Associates in Mechanical, Electrical, or Biological Degree or Military equivalent * 2 years of prior field service experience with Particle Counters is preferred
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Worcester
Req ID: BEC011363