Danaher Corporation Accounting Clerk in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific is the world’s leading provider of advanced technology for oceanographic research. The Sea-Bird Scientific companies design, manufacture and market oceanographic instrumentation and systems that enable the world’s leading scientists to push the boundaries of ocean knowledge. Sea-Bird Scientific works with a global network of international representatives and partners to serve customers in more than 30 countries around the world. Our dedicated team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds and interests with a common goal of serving the world’s oceanographic community with leading edge technology and solutions. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at one of the Sea-Bird Scientific Company’s locations gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging "stretch" opportunities.
Under the direction and supervision of the Controller, the Accounting Clerk prepares and records accounting transactions related to multiple accounting functions and maintains corresponding sub ledgers. This position routinely interacts with both internal and external customers, as needed, in the fulfillment of its responsibilities. Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Functions (specific duties may vary by location):
- Process daily invoicing in Oracle ERP and remit invoices to external customers.
- Assist Financial Analyst in tracking and collecting outstanding account balances.
- Assist Sales team in resolving issues with customer accounts.
- Process daily banking transactions in Oracle ERP.
- Reconcile daily bank statement files in Oracle ERP.
- Seek out and implement continuous improvement in department processes.
- Maintain company travel agency account.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and Cash balance sheet accounts.
- Support Finance Department with specific projects as required
- Process Accounts Payable invoices.
- Process payment runs for supplier invoices.
- Assist suppliers in any Accounts Payable matters.
- Maintain corporate and employee travel credit card transactions for end of month processes.
- While this list contains many of the core functions of this position, other tasks will be assigned as needed to fulfill the goals of the Finance Department.
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in directly applicable accounting (AP/AR/Invoicing) experience. Associates degree in accounting preferred. * Manufacturing experience preferred. * Oracle ERP experience significantly preferred. * Must have strong computer skills, including use of the Microsoft Office suite. * Ability to maintain confidentiality * Deadline-oriented with strong attention to detail and organizational skills. * Outstanding interpersonal communication and team skills mandatory.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000180