Danaher Corporation Material Handler I in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. We offer products with unparalleled precision and accuracy to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform a variety of inventory related tasks including receiving, moving, stocking, maintaining, issuing, and transacting inventory with the purpose of timely and accurate fulfillment of internal and external customer requirements. Has knowledge of standard inventory and material handling practices and procedures.
This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions.
Essential Functions (specific duties may vary by location):
- Perform receiving activities, or serve as a backup to receiving. Receive and unload incoming shipments, inspect for damage, verify accuracy of shipment, perform required transactions, and delivery to internal customers or inspection
- Communicate with purchasing and inventory specialist regarding hot shortages, inventory discrepancies and the transition of new and obsolete items
- Complete necessary forms, logs, tags, labels and related documentation that support manufacturing and/or quality systems
- Pick work orders, sales orders, and Kanban bins and distribute to designated areas
- Prioritize work to ensure manufacturing On Time Delivery
- Stock inventory, material or chemicals in designated locations, in a timely manner according the material handling requirements
- Accurately perform MRP inventory transactions
- Perform warehouse housekeeping and inventory consolidation
- Perform cycle count duties
- Follow instructions and pre-established standard work to perform job functions
- Execution of Kanban, FIFO, material presentation and 5S
- Operate a company vehicle to perform material deliveries or pick-ups with suppliers and customers
- Serve as a backup for other materials functions including, but not limited to: shipping activities such as: staging, packing, and shipping sales orders
- Provide hands-on job function training to coworkers as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Work off-shift, as needed, to support department and meet deadlines
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of Material Handler experience preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook is desirable
- Understanding of ERP/MRP software is desirable
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail for counting and transacting inventory
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and supply chain concepts (Kanban, etc.) is desirable
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, including an understanding of appropriate handling and storage requirements for materials typically found in such environments is desirable
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Ability to prioritize, follow through and handle a large variety of tasks at one time
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000210