Danaher Corporation Production Engineering Technician I in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. We offer products with unparalleled precision and accuracy to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities.
This position reports directly to the Production Engineering Manager. A Production Engineer Technician is accountable for the following:
- Electronic hardware debugging and troubleshooting to the components level
- Use electronic test equipment including bench top power supplies, DMM, oscilloscope, etc.
- Read and interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Understand electronics manufacturing processes such as fine pitch surface mount soldering
- Understand communication protocols including RS-232 serial, RS-485 and USB
- Maintain software for internal company use that supports automation and efficiency (LabView, Python)
- Understand Windows operating system at a low level including device drivers, Com ports
- Interface with various departments/individuals to determine software requirements
- Design software applications to improve efficiency on the production floor
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automated test fixtures
- Create detailed production documentation
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelors of Science or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Technology
- New college graduates encouraged to apply
- Experience with software source control (SVN)
- Experience testing or debugging embedded systems such as MSP430
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Data and fact-based problem solving skills
- Strong independent project and time management skills
- Experience using layout and schematic simulation software is a plus
- Database interaction experience including SQL is a plus
- Solid data analysis and reporting skills
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000209