Danaher Corporation Technical Customer Support I in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. We offer products with unparalleled precision and accuracy to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities.
The primary role of this position is to provide professional, prompt and accurate technical support to all Internal and External Customers, for site level Sea-Bird Scientific products. The Customer Support I position serves as the point of contact for customers, both foreign and domestic, providing a high level of technical support. The position is responsible for fielding of basic requests from clients on instrument use, troubleshooting, application, maintenance and best practices.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electronic issues
- Formulate professional technical responses to a majority of incoming support requests via Email or Web form
- Use scientific software to plot, process and evaluate customer data
- Input customer questions, quality / warranty concerns and VOC information accurately in an organizational wide CRM database
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Develop, maintain and use/basic knowledge/of customer support processes (i.e., pricing, products, etc.)
- Resolve customer complaints/problems and provide follow up to customers and Manager/Supervisor if needed
- Provide hands-on job function training to coworkers as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate service best practices
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Work off-shift, as needed, to support department and meet deadlines
Offsite/domestic/travel to customer locations
Other Non-Essential Functions:
Provide limited onsite or offsite technical training to customers
- Provide feedback to product managers, sales and engineering about product improvements
- Provide support for R&D and Science related projects
- Other duties as assigned
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Oceanography or similar Environmental Science or Earth Science/preferred/
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service related field
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Access)
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM software preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000211