Danaher Corporation Test Technician I in Bellevue, Washington
Danaher Company Description
Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We develop and manufacture precision sensors for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic and environmental water quality parameters. We offer products with unparalleled precision and accuracy to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. Our customers include research institutes, ocean observing programs, national and local government agencies, engineering firms, environmental consulting businesses, and navies throughout the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Sea-Bird gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities.
Use a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, jigs, test equipment and work instructions to test components, sub-assemblies or instruments to ensure performance standards.
This position r elies primarily on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job functions.
Essential Functions (specific duties may vary by location):
- Perform quality pre-checks on components and parts required to complete a job
- Follow detailed instructions in a variety of formats (i.e, drawings, schematics, bills of material, internal procedures or some combination thereof), and report work completed on a daily basis
- Perform quality checks on completed assemblies, as needed
- Interpret test results and evaluate data/with oversight/
- Understand and meet quality and delivery requirements
- Recognize and report problems with quality, processes, equipment or materials to Manufacturing Lead, Supervisor or Operations Manager, and assist with/basic/troubleshooting
- Provide hands-on job function training to coworkers as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing best practices
- Participate in Kaizen Events
Work off-shift, as needed, to support department, meet deadlines or to maximize up-time on machinery/processes
Other Non-Essential Functions:
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: transporting and maintaining units on storage shelves (including database tracking and inventory), cross-training, collecting data and information either from individuals or from a group, supporting Science, Technical Support and/or R&D efforts, participating in daily organizational meetings, and/or participating in walk-arounds.
Sea-Bird Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, interpret, and use engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to learn new computer software programs
- Excellent electro-mechanical skills, including troubleshooting
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to perform precise procedures consistently
- Basic knowledge of necessary instruments and tools
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Sea-Bird Electronics
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WA-Bellevue
Req ID: SEA000214