Danaher Corporation R&D Project Manager - Berlin in Berlin, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The primary role of this position is the management of one or more projects within product development organization. This includes the coordination of cross-functional team members’ activities to meet the prescribed design requirements, schedule, and production readiness. The project manager may act as project leader on derivative and sustaining products with full responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the project including leading the product definition, design, commercialization and release to manufacturing; while also meeting product and project cost goals, quality objectives, time-to-market objectives; and serving as the point of contact for all communication to the project sponsor and senior management. The project manager may also be assigned to assist a project management director in the coordination of activities on a Platform or Breakthrough project. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop into a global senior role on a mid-term basis.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of programs that lead to product conception, definition, design, and release to manufacturing
- Develops, maintains, and executes detailed project schedules and budgets
- Facilitates development efforts by team members at various company facilities
- Obtains and assigns human and financial/capital resource requirements to ensure successful development Projects
- Ensure Maximum flexibility and presence to be available for other teams and functions
Is responsible either directly or indirectly for all project management requirements and makes himself/herself available to facilitate cross-functional adhoc-meetings. This includes but is not limited to:
o Effective meeting facilitation o Creating and maintaining project schedules o Coordinating and recording design review meetings and discussions
Compiling, recording, and distributing required status reports, test results, and other required documentation
- Maintaining development related documentation and the project history file
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project phase change reviews
- Utilizes and helps improve systems. Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products
- Communicates necessary meeting attendance to team members
- Generates project status reports as necessary
- Develops and fosters contacts with customers, technical experts, dealers, sales people, and regulatory agencies
- BS or BA in Engineering or the physical sciences, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in product development working in an engineering, business unit, or manufacturing role
- Broad understanding of products and processes, including design, manufacturing, and market use of products
- Team leadership experience
- Project management training
- Working knowledge of new product development methodologies
- Knowledge and use of word processors, spreadsheets, databases, project scheduling tools, etc.
- Understanding of the project management body of knowledge
- Ability to utilize commonly accepted project management tools to assist in the development of, and adherence to a project schedule
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Berlin-Berlin
Req ID: HAC005771