Danaher Corporation Manager Danaher Business Systems - Performance Partnership in Birmingham, Alabama
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Manager Performance Partnership Danaher Business System Consultant is responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of the Performance Partnership Program at Beckman Coulter’s current and potential customer sites, in alignment with business strategy and sales leadership priorities. Although this is largely an external customer facing role, assistance with internal DBS activities, including training of associates, will be required upon request.
The Manager must possess and display exceptional communication and presentation skills, as well as think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint. Must be customer focused, have strong interpersonal skills and be a quick study who can rapidly adapt to Beckman Coulter/Danaher culture while gaining the confidence of the organization. This person will be high energy and able to successfully handle conflict and design conflict resolution or change management strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business of select health care network customers and provide expert counsel on appropriate strategies employing the Performance Partnership program leveraging the methodologies of the Danaher Business System (DBS).
- Collection of data, as well as the organization and packaging of data and presentation materials needed to communicate needs and requirements to internal associates and customers.
- Facilitate network or enterprise-level events that allow customers to own and drive targeted, sustainable improvements in QDIPS (Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Safety) results by leveraging DBS methodologies, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Directly provide formal and informal Performance Partnership training and coaching to external customers at the enterprise or network level.
- Plan, develop, lead, promote, execute and facilitate sales associate development programs and event focus in creating a DBS culture within North America Sales Organization (NACO) sales teams by focusing on training around various DBS tools, beginning with DBS fundamentals and progressing to lean production, and kaizen leadership, as necessary.
- Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in DBS tools (MBB process for self and others).
- Facilitate other DBS training sessions when appropriate (other trainers and consultants from Danaher, Shingijutsu, or other).
- Ensure successful kaizen events by installing and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process
* 5 years of demonstrable experience of leading process improvement initiatives across operational and business management settings. * * Experience deploying process improvement initiatives in healthcare, manufacturing or logistics settings is required. * Mastery of a variety of DBS/Lean/TPS/OE tools with hands-on experience implementing to drive Lean Conversion. Tools include 5S, Standard Work, Visual and Daily Management, Problem Solving Process, Kaizen facilitation, VSM, TPI, TPM and Policy Deployment. * Superior consulting, influencing, communication and customer facing skills. * Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certifications and experience in an industry beyond clinical diagnostics is desirable. * Strong training and facilitation skills are required and will need to be demonstrated during interview process. * Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management. * Position requires willingness and ability to travel from 60% up to 75% of the time in North America for on-site work with healthcare/clinical laboratory clients. This is a field-based nationwide position.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-TX-Dallas
Req ID: BEC010924