Danaher Corporation Inside Sales Support and Development in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Inside Sales & Sales Support and Development
If you like the challenge of outbound let's connect
Next time you open your medicine cabinet or raid the cupboard for chocolate or even jump in the car, the chances are our technology has played a part.
Our platform is used by household names such as Danone, L’Oréal, BASF, Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi and Total. And our customers come from industries as varied as pharma & biotech, consumer goods, food & beverage, energy, academia, agricultural sciences, chemicals and healthcare.
Whether you’ve got a background in science, software or corporate services, we’re always looking for motivated, exceptional people who are looking for a different kind of career.
Operates as a key member of IDBS’ office-based sales organization, responsible for identifying and leveraging new business opportunities to enable the effective selling of scientific R&D enterprise software solutions. Supports IDBS’s go to market strategy and the field sales Accounts team in accordance with defined sales processes. Primary industry sectors include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and beverage, consumer goods, energy and chemicals.
Location 285 Summer Street, Boston MA Click to calculate commute HERE This isNOTa remote opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Processes and qualifies Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs).
- Generates, nurtures and qualifies leads to create IDBS sales opportunities for the North American market.
- Persistently initiates contact, determines and creates interest, and qualifies new business opportunities with key buying influencers in complex organizations by building relationships with potential prospects via telephone, e-mail and web.
- Works in line with IDBS’s strategy and with Strategic and Named Account Managers to expand the awareness and footprint of IDBS solutions. This will include appointment setting, profiling and targeted business development and marketing campaigns.
- Leverages marketing activity with calls and emails and the use of social media to drive prospects to trade shows, events, webinars and other content, with persistent follow up post event to nurture and qualify leads.
- Understands and articulates prospective clients’ culture, product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure and key decision makers.
- Utilizes IDBS CRM (Salesforce) to track activities, customer communications, forecast, and onsite events with prospective customers.
- Develops customer relations including, but not limited to sales leads, research, warm calls, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promotes company services to meet such requirements.
- Manages the preparation and implementation of targeted business development campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent
- Previous experience in an outbound sales / marketing role or graduate with a high aptitude for sales
- Must be a creative, innovative and flexible team player - coordination with the sales team and marketing group is critical to success – but must be driven to be held accountable for own results
- Must be tenacious, persuasive, results and success-oriented, a self-starter with high energy and the ability to problem solve
- Must be highly motivated
- Ability to grasp technology solutions, to effectively market a variety of products and solutions and the ability to consultatively “solution sell”.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means with a variety of individuals and groups at all organizational levels
- Resilience, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., including a briefcase and/or sales material
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Work in an office setting At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: MOL002209