Danaher Corporation Market Research Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
IDBS helps research and development (R&D) teams around the world make discoveries that have the potential to transform the lives of populations worldwide.
Our advanced scientific informatics platform, The E-WorkBook Cloud, enables organizations to securely capture, manage, share and gain insight from their structured and unstructured data.
Our diverse customer list includes 22 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies, and other R&D-driven organizations in biotechnology, agricultural sciences, chemicals, consumer goods, energy, food and beverage, and healthcare.
Privately held since 1989, IDBS joined Danaher's Life Sciences platform at the end of 2017. IDBS will help provide the foundation for a portfolio of life sciences informatics and knowledge management solutions, within Danaher, that will accelerate the speed of discovering, developing and producing new drugs and therapies.
IDBS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The market research analyst works across business units, product/service groups and partners to conduct primary and secondary customer & competitive research on existing and targeted segments. This role is a key player in an organization's evolution from selling products to position solutions effectively within a given market segment; as such, it requires significant internal and external thought leadership and the ability to collaborate across a wide variety of functions/roles. * The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. * Provides market research support to all parts of the organization * Conducts primary and secondary customer research on existing and targeted customer segments * Performs market analysis and tracking * Assists in developing competitor profiles, including a holistic view of existing and potential competitors * Compiles competitive analysis data concerning competitor strategy and performance; assists product managers with competitor product analysis * Complies profiles of current and target customers to support segment analysis and policy deployment initiatives * Maintains an easy to access (transparent) centralized information resource related to market, competitor and customer data and insights * Communicates market & competitive insights across the organization on a regular frequency, using a multi-channel approach * Organizational Interlocks * Segment marketing * Product management * Field marketing * Customer Success * Sales Operations * Desirable Competencies & Skills * Ability to develop strategies for collating information in a structured manner to allow for the analysis of data * Strong organization, written and presentation skills * Ability to leverage social media platforms/tools to connect with market & competitive resources * Ability to maintain an understanding of company product/services currently offered, as well as articulate IDBS’ brand/value proposition * Ability to perform and maintain competitive data analysis * Technologies Supporting the Role * Salesforce & Marketing Automation * Business intelligence * Social media platform/tools * Financial systems * Behaviours * Analytical, particularly about competitive movement, market data and win/loss reports * Detail-oriented * Collaborative * Creative * Rational/logical
* Bachelor's or good honours degree * Two to 4 years of marketing experience in a global software company * Previous sales enablement experience a plus * Previous market research experience a plus
- Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, including a briefcase and/or sales materials
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
Work in an office setting
Diversity & Inclusion
- At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: IDB000067