Danaher Corporation Nanotechnology Sales Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Nanotechnology Consultant is the key customer-facing member of the company’s sales team for Electron Microscopy Sample Preparation solutions. This position creates and manages customer relationships, growing the sales opportunity funnel and ultimately achieving the orders and sales targets set forth for the territory. The target customers are in Core Industry (ex. Automotive, Microelectronics, Medical Device and Materials Science) and Life Science Research (ex. Core Imaging Facilities and individual Principal Investigator labs).
His/her primary function is to execute domestic sales plans and to recommend strategies to improve the sale of Nanotechnology Imaging solutions in the territory, aid in the implementation of these strategies in line with Marketing, Corporate growth, profitability, and mission objectives.
The Nanotechnology Specialist must be able to execute a value-added, consultative sales approach including application solving, demonstrations, product support, training and sale of Leica’s Nanotechnology products to technical and non-technical buyers. The Nanotechnology Specialist must effectively manage potential sales all the way through closure and the purchasing process. The Nanotechnology Specialist demonstrates rigorous time and territory management practices and actively dedicates time to sales prospecting to grow the opportunity funnel for the future. This position effectively leverages the support resources within and outside of Leica in order to be as efficient and effective in the selling process as possible.
Leica Microsystems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to and training is provided)
* Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual orders and sales/specialist goals for the territory
* Achieve strategic product mix sales/specialist goals for the territory
* Grow opportunity funnel through sales/specialist prospecting
* Identify and develop key accounts in the territory
* Follow-up marketing leads from potential customers within 1 business day of receipt
* Each Nanotechnology Specialist needs to be able to comprehend and communicate to customers the applications aspects of our equipment.
* All Nanotechnology Specialist activities are entered and tracked through Salesforce.com on a daily basis * Perform demonstrations. Maintain demo equipment. * Gains the technical close with the customer and manages each opportunity through the purchasing process * Each Nanotechnology Specialist completes some instrument installations in their assigned territory (time away from selling opportunities) * Each Nanotechnology Specialist completes some customer instrument training in their assigned territory * Standard administrative duties: monthly reports, manage operating expenses, all information in Sales Force must be kept current on a daily basis * Participate in sales meetings and national and local trade shows as authorized by manager * Conduct workshops, seminars or focus groups at local technical society meetings, as authorized by manager * Each Nanotechnology Specialist is responsible for demonstration inventory, including requesting equipment via a Central Demo Management System (DMS), set-up, conduct demonstration, tear-down/packing and arranging shipping
* 2-5 years successful selling experience * Electron Microscopy, Light Microscopy, Imaging and/or Sample Preparation capital equipment sales experience is highly preferred Education * BA/BS required, preferably in a science or engineering based program Language * English Travel (required estimated % of time) * 4 days per week in front of customers; 1 office day * 10-20% overnight travel; 60-70% local travel Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: LEI004672