Danaher Corporation Performance Partnership Consulting Principal REMOTE in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You have the executive presence and the expertise to own client relationships; lead and mentor large groups of executives through complicated business models to identify strategies and gain implementation commitment. You will be responsible for directing the development of multiple business and continuous improvement initiatives simultaneously across several enterprises and systems. You are as comfortable at the C-suite level using the right tools to manage value stream business change. You are responsible for decisions that have significant long-term impact on the business while maintaining strict confidentiality of very sensitive information.
- Work directly with senior hospital executives to define linkages between strategic objectives and process improvements, using both analytical tools and consulting techniques.
- Help functional teams re-engineer new or existing operations to build and deploy strategy through tactical planning and execution.
- Work alongside Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) Sales Managers to identify and contact potential C-suite clients for new business engagements.
- Contribute to development of Beckman’s new DBS assessment tool and front end offering. Support Director of Performance Partnership (PP) and VP of Lab Network Solutions in efforts to explore and partner with external third party organizations in order to build future offerings and capabilities.
- Lead assessment effort in conjunction with Enterprise Discovery Consultants and Sr. Consultants. Deals with C-suite to clearly understand its needs and opportunities for innovation.
- Delegates discovery projects to the team, and manages all activities of the PP analyst.
- Provides appropriate solutions to customer challenges. A major contributor to executive VIP presentations with executive clients.
- Lead development of customer Statement of Work (SOW) documents with the assistance of Enterprise Discovery Solutions Consultants and Sr. Consultants. Conduct meetings with hospital executives to determine project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Co-develop business proposals with IDN Sales Managers. Negotiate project terms and conditions with clients as needed. Provide support in developing functional and technical specifications.
- Provides direction and transition of contracts and relationships to the Enterprise Delivery team (post-sale). Acts as a liaison between the client and the Enterprise Discovery team through the life of the agreement.
- Builds strong relationships with existing clients. Reviews opportunities to grow business throughout the Danaher Dx portfolio and possibly other Danaher divisions.
- Maintains frequent client communication, make regular client visits and ensure client satisfaction. Identify project risks and challenges and develop resolution plans. Report project status to clients on regular basis. Ensures the budgeting, planning, and net results meet business objectives.
- Identify product development initiatives to meet future client needs.
- Create a bench for new opportunities via referrals, and networking at industry seminars.
Minimum Requirements * BS or BA Degree from an accredited institution. Degree in Business discipline or healthcare administration desirable. MBA strongly preferred. * Has keen understanding of financial issues and impacts that affect large organizations. Can consult across large complex business systems and value streams regarding improvement plans focused on cost reduction and cost avoidance Key Performance Indicators at the C-Suite level. * Strong overall communication and presentation skills * 15 years track record of commercial experience with demonstrated success in sales or consulting. * Polished demeanor with strong executive presence * Strong business acumen * Ability to analyze client commercial capabilities, identify root cause and growth tool opportunities; has the skills necessary to be seen as credible by peers and greater sales organization. * Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking * Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS roadmap and implement key growth initiatives; successfully drives change, handles conflict / ambiguity * Superior skills in communications, training / adult learning, consulting / influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures * Demonstrated proficiency in time management and action plan execution * Computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.) * Willingness to travel 50-75% with the potential for future international travel
Desirable Capabilities * Knowledge of fundamental DBS or continuous improvement tools such as 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving, Voice of Customer (VOC) and Daily Management * Lean Consulting experience in Health Care a plus. Laboratory redesign experience a plus. * Background or knowledge of hospital finance. * 5 years of successful team or organizational leadership * Experience crafting financial reports, scorecards, or dashboards * Global experience a plus
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-San Francisco
Req ID: BEC014299