Danaher Corporation Pharma Research Account Executive in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
How would you like to sell equipment that will help researchers find breakthroughs faster?
As a Pharma Research Account Executive you will be selling products that accelerate test programs through speed, efficiency, and consistent automation, reducing manual work so that researchers can spend less time at the bench and more time innovating.
You will utilize your skills to develop a sales strategy for rapid revenue growth and new market development in this territory that has a ton of potential. As a Pharma Research Account Executive you will work both independently and within the existing sales team environment. If you have an impressive history of complex capital equipment and reagent sales in this market, then this is the position for you!
Location: This position is based remotely in the Boston areas and the territory includes MA, NH, ME, VT
The specific customer call points include Department Head, PI, Scientist, Chief of Pathology/Medical Director, Research Director, and Laboratory Administrative Director. You should be comfortable calling on senior management, delivering vision, and orchestrating multi departmental site evaluations. Targeted customers for the life science position will include Academic Medical Centers, Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharma, Biotech/CRO companies, Government and Veterinary Labs
- Develop overall territory and strategic account business plans, including identification and prioritization of key opportunities and “who/what/when” action plans, necessary to close high value business in targeted accounts within assigned geography.
- Travel overnight as necessary (estimated at 50%) for all customer appointments, trade shows and customer meetings. Customer call activity will be a balance of existing customers accounts to expand our current base, meeting with active opportunities and prospecting for new opportunities in the assigned geography.
- Build strong customer relationships necessary to identify the decision makers and understand the decision making and procurement process at each customer opportunity. Leverage these relationships in order to close business.
- Utilize consistent, customer-focused, sales techniques allowing for accurate tracking and forecasting of all sales opportunities as defined by sales management processes.
- Working either autonomously or with others, including peers, channel partners, product development, marketing and/or executive management.
- Become an industry and product expert, capable of serving as a value-added consultant to customers for both Leica Biosystems and the general research advanced staining market. This will be accomplished by completion of company training and continuous self-learning.
- Coordinate sales activities within national, multi-site, laboratory accounts by interacting with other departments in the organization to insure the proper handling of customer requirements.
- Build accurate opportunity funnels and achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue forecasts.
- Daily maintenance of customer/account information and opportunity records in SFDC.
Experience/Skills: * Bachelors degree required. * 5 years successful selling experience in the life science space * Experience with sales to pathology and life science markets preferred * Molecular Biology degree preferred * Strong working knowledge of the overall life science industry * Self-starter and independent thinker, with aptitude to work autonomously * Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Listens to the customer and presents with a high degree of comfort and credibility. * Track record of rapidly and consistently generating sales revenue * The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds * Ability to travel a significant percentage of time (50% overnight travel)
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: SEL001667