Danaher Corporation Regional Sales Manager Biologics Business Unit in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose, to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for our shareholders.
Molecular Devices offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Manage the sales (6) organization in US and Canada for the ForteBio product range.
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic planning as well as tactical implementation. Will have successfully designed and executed such plans within the life science segment.
- Successful track record of effective communication and teaming at a global organization with demonstrated results in new product development, sales/profitability increases and market share gains.
- Demonstrated capability in the leadership, selection, development, training, and management of sales and marketing professionals. Understands the role of the sales function and how to implement the plan through it.
- Successful track record of early identification and development of new technologies and applications which enhance the organizations ability to effectively market, sell and service existing and new customer solutions systems.
- Familiarity of how the philosophies and practices of large companies (Danaher) interface and contribute to those of smaller semi-autonomous companies.
Partner with Marketing to develop forecasts and quotas, provide weekly forecasts of instrument and
consumables sales to management, optimize lead generation, develop and implement strategies to expand the customer base and grow the business faster than peers in adjacent space, develop the strategic plan and rationalize the portfolio as appropriate.
Coordinate Application Support resources with Field Application Scientist Manager to provide optimal pre-sales information, product demonstrations, technical close, post-sales support and customer satisfaction to ensure continued use and adoption of Molecular Devices’ instrumentation technology and increase consumable sales.
- A four-year degree is required with an MBA preferred. A science or technical degree in an appropriate science or closely related field would be a plus. Cell line development, antibody discovery experience would be especially beneficial but is not mandatory.
- A five-year record of growing the top line of a life science business with at least $10 million in annual sales.
- Results oriented – has track record for delivery results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Stretch oriented – embraces and thrives on challenge
- Continuous improvement oriented –has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them to value streams
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency
- Proven ability to manage the staffing challenges associated within a commercial multi-site company.
- A minimum of ten years of increasing responsibility within the life science segment in a variety of service/marketing and/or sales positions.
- Minimum five years in a role managing and developing sales professionals
- Self-starter who is result and success oriented with proven ability to develop a territory strategy for quota attainment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required; experience working in a matrix environment and managing multiple priorities and projects with dynamic timelines to execution
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Focused and results oriented
- Experience working in a highly technical organization interacting with scientific and technical personnel, including field sales personnel and engineers
- Very strong work ethic and comfortable with extensive travel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with sense of urgency
- Experience managing and driving change throughout the organization
- Courageous problem solver
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: MOL002057