Danaher Corporation Sales Representative/ Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
Are you a motivated an energetic Sales Representative with a proven track record in outside sales and a passion for the dental/orthodontic industry? If so, we want to speak with you!
JOB SUMMARY: The *Ormco Territory Manager *will utilize a consultative sales approach to influence doctor and staff to purchase and commit to using Ormco and AOA products. Meet with assigned group of orthodontists and orthodontic staff on a consistent basis to promote products and services, relate new product information and receive feedback on the company's products and services. She/He travels throughout assigned territory to call on established and prospective customers to solicit orders, or to qualify them as sales prospects for the company. Reps are responsible to maintain set number of meetings per day, week and month in order to grow sales dollars to established levels over prior year.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quick response and resolution to customers' requests.
- Meets monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Establishes a track record of converting key brand business to Ormco Brand products from the competition.
- Understands and supports the company's sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment to all of the company's customers.
- Relates new product ideas and product extensions to Marketing for evaluation.
- Creates and utilizes sales strategies, sales aids and approaches in order to increase sales activity in their territory.
- Follows corporate policies regarding customer entertainment and customer relations.
- Develops and fully utilizes territory management tools to include account coverage and fiscal management. This would include block plan organization, management of aging receivables, and budget compliance.
- Reviews and reports complaints received from customers and recommends corrective action to the Regional Sales manager and/or Marketing Manager through established reporting guidelines.
- Collects and reports competitive information to Marketing Management.
- Prepares periodic reports including weekly call reports, weekly expense reports, periodic general reports, and other reports as assigned.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples, catalog, and clinically established techniques to emphasize salable features and benefits.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales proposals/contracts for orders obtained and perspective orders.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense accounts.
- Maintains all reporting requirements under established guidelines.
EDUCATION: * B.A. or B.S degree required (Science/technical background a plus) EXPERIENCE: * 3 years outside sales experience selling a premium product with a proven track record of success. * Completion of formalized sales training course(s). TRAVEL/LOCATION: * Laptop, iPad, iPhone and company car provided. * All business expenses will be reimbursed. * Eligible for incentive trip and other company sponsored promotional activities. * Travel: Approximately up to 15% * Geographic Territory includes: MA, NH, ME * Key Cities: Boston, Springfield, Portland, Bangor * Based out of: Boston MA or surrounding areas. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Strong organizational skills with proven time management skills. * Ability to work independently and creatively. * Excellent communication skills including verbal and written. * Demonstrated ability to develop on-going professional relationships with customers
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: ORM001616