Danaher Corporation Director of Oligo Production in Bothell, Washington
The Director of Oligo Production is responsible for the oligonucleotide manufacturing operation and implementation of activities to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Perform activities in concordance with FDA-QSR and ISO-9001 standards; ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations. Select, develop, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Plan and administer procedures and budget, serve as a manufacturing representative and technical expert.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads the teams and manages individual contributors (Supervisor, Production Chemists, Lab Technicians, contractors).
• Manages and coordinates the activities of project(s) with responsibility for results in terms of timelines, cost, process implementation and employees.
• Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedule and/or resolve technical problems.
• Works on problems of diverse scope including multiple projects and/or objectives.
• Develops and administers schedules and monitors progress (KPI) against objectives.
Prepares reports and communicate regularly with other managers, upper management, and other designated contacts within the organization.
Coaches subordinate(s) on job performance and development.
• Manages the budget within department and resource planning to meet project objectives.
• Plans, evaluates, and improves the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
• Leads validation activities of new projects and equipment.
• Leads Kaizen and other improvement projects within department.
• Ensures BOMs and manufacturing documents are current, effective and maintained properly in electronic document management system.
Establishes routings and standard lot sizes for primers and probes in SAP.
Prepares monthly financial reports for oligo R&D team.
Reviews weekly Absorption reports.
Coordinates weekly safety training within department.
Ensures and adheres to GMP compliance and maintain a clean/ traceable work environment.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or similar field. Ph.D. is highly preferred.
A minimum of 14 years of industrial experience in oligonucleotide synthesis, or similar field.
4 years of experience in managing employees, processes, and resources.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency of organic synthesis and purification techniques.
Effective organization and planning skills.
Working knowledge of GMP, ISO, and QSR regulations.
Physical requirements/abilities: No special requirements; general office setting.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .