Danaher Corporation Customer Technical Specialist, Remote in Brea, California
Wondering what’s within Beckman Coulter? Take a closer look.
Join a team where you can be heard, be supported, and always be yourself. At Beckman Coulter, a Danaher company, we’re building a culture that celebrates backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of all our associates. At first glance, you’ll see we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory to move science and health care forward for more than 80 years. Look again and you’ll see we are invested in you and you’ll have the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and try new things with the support you need to be successful. You’ll find the Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) , which makes everything possible. You’ll also see a company that investors trust—our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Beckman Coulter, at the heart of what we do, you’ll witness our shared purpose—helping realize life’s potential—in action. Our work helps improve millions of lives.
The Specialist Customer Technical support role provides technical phone troubleshooting/consulting to customers for the Automation product disciplines. The timeliness and accuracy of our responses allow medical labs to analyze specimens for physicians to treat patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide timely technical support via phone or email to Automation customers (BioMed engineers, lab personnel, lab management) by diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex Beckman Automation instrumentation (electro/mechanical equipment) that conveys fluid samples to particular analyzers. This includes the conveyor line, electrical, pneumatics, front end computer systems, complex software, network and/or wireless systems.
Good time management and ability to multi-task
Expected to manage customer interactions effectively and seek assistance when appropriate
Keep self-training up to date
AA degree with 2+ years of experience in electro-mechanical experience
Ability to read and interpret block diagram and schematics.
Flexibility to work any shift and the ability to work weekends on a rotating basis.
If working remotely, have a quiet place to set up an office devoid of noise and distractions.
1-3 years in customer facing field service and/or phone support troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical devices
Able to communicate clearly and concisely in directing customer servicing or repairing an instrument.
Experience working in concert with FDA compliance a plus
Networking experience desired.
ERP experience, Service Max a plus
At Beckman Coulter, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization. As part of the Danaher family of 67,000 associates across the globe, your possibilities for growth and development are unparalleled.
We believe that creativity and innovation thrive when the most diverse set of voices are heard, and that’s why we’re taking concrete steps to ensure that we’re fostering an inclusive and engaging workplace for our team. If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog (https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/blog) or contact one of our recruiters.
• The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $21 to $28/hr . This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
• This job is also eligible for 5% ICP bon pay.
• We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
• You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee)
• Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .