Danaher Corporation Director of Marketing - Hematology North America in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
MARKETING DIRECTOR, HEMATALOGY AND URINE ANALYSIS Meet your next career step, which could be the Director of Marketing for North America, Hematology & Urinalysis who will develop and execute the North America Hematology, Urinalysis and Hemostasis strategy with the Business Unit including major new platform commercialization and new indications. This position will allow a strong marketer to further hone their commercial skills by leading the go to market strategy for our hematology, urinalysis and future hemostasis portfolio. Nothing inspires a marketer more than product launches—and at Beckman Coulter we’re gearing up for a few in the next years. If you’re ready to put your creative muscles to use in an organization that helps you realize your potential, you’re a leader who brings humility and high performance to the table; and you want to work for a leader who believes in growing her associates, read on. If you get this job you will…
- Lead and manage a team of Hematology & Urinalysis Marketing professionals
- Deliver targeted marketing activities aimed at moving customers through the buying cycle
- Develop and launch of promotions as required. Lead visual management to track impact of these promotions and suggest improvements/changes as necessary.
- Lead and execute regional user group meetings, inviting reference customer accounts and also internal Beckman coulter experts to build credible program.
- Lead regional promotional activities such as trade shows, conferences, and customer meetings.
- Responsible for North America field and customer communication strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influential thought leaders. Utilize these relationships to gather VOC and market needs, reporting back to the Business Unit regularly.
- Lead annual budgeting and operational planning for marketing activities
- Lead the coordination of cross functional resources to rally and win at key accounts, as identified by sales and marketing leadership.
- Help remove roadblocks to closing business, stepping in to assist shepherding deals to close as necessary.
- Perform segmentation of markets to support the strategy, identifying new growth areas
- Report out on key performance indicators monthly at the business unit and North America operations review meeting.
- Influence leaders and team members across global marketing, field product specialists, scientific marketing, and other stakeholders to implement marketing messaging and plans.
- Work with the sales leadership to ensure sales messaging and skill sets are continually evaluated and improved. Provide guidance and support as needed.
- Work together with senior management team to deliver a strategic plan, to support year on year growth with clear targets, tactical
Click on the apply button if you can describe yourself with the qualifications described below * Bachelor’s degree in field (medical technology (preferred), life science, or engineering) with 20 years exp. OR Master’s degree in field with 18 years exp. OR Doctoral degree in field with 9 years exp. * Minimum of 6 years of experience leading individual contributors and/or people managers * MBA preferred. * Minimum 8 years of experience in clinical diagnostics sales or commercial marketing in hematology, flow cytometry, or urinalysis. * Commercial experience, ideally with a focus on downstream marketing and/or sales. * Incumbent must have excellent communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills. * Cross-functional team leadership experience strongly preferred. * Incumbent must have proven ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including proven influencing skills. * Flexible, curious and tenacious with a can do positive approach in a challenging business. * Self-starter, able to work independently – strong team player. * Superior verbal and oral communication skills. * Able to travel 50%, domestically.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC011333