Danaher Corporation Finance Manager, Global Financial Planning & Analysis in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Finance Manager, Global FP&A coordinates and consolidates the financial planning and reporting activities of geographically and operationally based financial planning and analysis professionals worldwide. The individual assists in identifying opportunities and recommending the implementation of plans to achieve financial objectives and analyzing and reporting on the success of such plans. This management role requires involvement in regular monthly, quarterly and annual planning and finance functions.
The individual will support the Director – Global FP&A, VP – Global FP&A and CFO, Beckman Diagnostics in preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes on a consolidated basis for the over $3.5 billion Beckman Coulter Diagnostic operating company.
The individual will also partner with other finance colleagues to continuously improve financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes and improve accuracy on a consolidated basis. This individual contributor position reports directly to the Director, Global FP&A
- Provide business partner support for one or more shared services functional department and respective L1 Leader(s) (ie, HR, Finance, Legal, IT) including consolidation/analysis of actuals/forecasts and annual budget
- Coordinate and consolidate financial planning and analysis activities on a worldwide basis, including:
- Lead Planning/Budget Meeting calls & prepare presentations
- Monitor and keep everyone on top of the closing calendar/budget calendar
- Coordinate and prepare budget templates
- Consolidate budget submission documents/file for DHR
- Provide timely and accurate financial information and analysis that is utilized to support strategic decision making, including allocation of resources.
- Control, lead and report on WW Working Capital Improvement, including
- NA WC forecast and actual reporting
- WW WC reporting and variance analysis
- Manage Center adjustments and load NA Dx and LS forecasts into EPM
- Complete regular tracking of acquisition ROIC and assist with system design for tracking new acquisitions
- Complete variance analysis and bridge reports as required against forecast, year-over-year and sequential results
- Recommend, implement, and measure performance against benchmarks for financial and operating performance, including:
- Preparation and ownership of the Finance Functional Bowler
- Continuously improve processes to enhance forecast accuracy and increase efficiency.
- Ad hoc requests and projects as required
- Train and mentor SFAs in the Global Financial Planning Group
Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting preferred and 9 years of combined finance and accounting experience with Bachelor’s degree or 7 years with Master’s Degree is required.
CPA or MBA preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated leadership as part of a cross-functional team
Technical acumen, creative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work assignments with limited guidance in a changing environment
Advanced computer skills with MS software (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
Experience with BPC a plus
Experience with large ERP system and BI tools a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC015742