Danaher Corporation Regional Sales Manager, Southwest in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to the sales team to achieve company goals (Revenue, Operating Profit Working Capital, Compliance).
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas using Daily Management and Block Scheduling.
- Manage Discounting, Samples, Donations, Expenses budgets and provide feedback on monthly basis.
- Represent Ormco in the designated region of his/her responsibility.
- Develop strategies for market share growth and new customers acquisition leveraging established KOLs.
- Recruit, select, train and develop talent within the region.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies, processes and procedures (Order Submission, RMA, Expenses, Terms, Approvals etc.)
- Actively collaborate with Marketing on regional strategies for lead generation and transformative marketing.
- Drive continuous improvement to increase efficiency and sales effectiveness through, customer segmentation, value selling and Voice of Customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships through regular participation in continuing education events, regional trade shows, visits to universities, rep co-travel, customer visits, etc.
- Actively contribute to regional marketing efforts by providing proactive input on, new product offerings, go to market strategies, quarterly promotions, campaigns and trainings, to ensure increasing mindshare, development of effective collateral and coordinated sales initiatives.
- Develop regional sales with commitment to active customer focus.
- Ensure usage of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) within the region and amongst the team.
- Assess and manage sales funnels, opportunities, projections, and planning to drive regional forecast accuracy.
- Liaison with the NA cross-functional team (Sales, Marketing, Finance, CSR, Ops).
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- Provide coaching, guidance and direction to field sales, assisting in their personal and professional development.
- Provide orientation and guidance to new field sales associates to ensure consistency in presentation, sales mechanics, sales process, and ability, throughout the assigned region.
- Collect, analyze and report competitive information to the sales and marketing organizations.
- Conduct annual talent reviews and build robust development plans for all subordinates.
- Comply and enforce all corporate policies.
- Prepare reports including Monthly reports, Expense reports, Periodic general reports, Other reports/projects as assigned.
- Provide Problem Solving/RCCM strategies and Action Plans to counter measure any shortfall in the region or various territories.
Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
Directly supervises 5 to 10 field sales representatives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of Sales experience
- 5 years of experience independently managing teams.
- Ability to travel 50% or more within designated region
Must be based out of Orange County or Los Angeles, CA.
Champion of continuous improvement.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, operations, training, finance or business unit management.
- Problem solver; uses logic and rigorous problem-solving tools to solve difficult problems; uses fact based analysis; looks beyond the obvious.
- Encourages balanced risk taking to advance innovation. Willing and able to move out of their comfort zone and not afraid of standing alone. Coaches self and others to be appropriately courageous and take thoughtful risks. Does not accept that the long-standing way of doing business as the only way. Open-minded and listens to others even when under stress. Balances the tension between resiliency to stick with a plan and the need to change course and cut losses.
- Thinks like a business owner - (must be able to view sales from a top and bottom-line) should be cost-conscious
- Uses own creativity and can enable and lead the creative process of others.
- Creates followership through collaboration. Creates strong commitment and promotes open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; is inclusive and values input; inspires a feeling of purpose and value. Delegates appropriately; creates an environment in which people want to do their best; can motivate diverse people, teams and organizations. Values each individual’s work.
- Strong managerial courage – ability to make the tough decisions and not be overly sensitive (thick skinned). Demonstrates composure in pressure situations.
- Builds strong, effective and diverse organizations. Gets work done through formal and informal relationships.
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Ormco.
- Relentlessly attracts, engages and develops people. Hires and staffs the best available talent and is not afraid of selecting strong people. Is a good judge of talent and sizing up talent. Engages and develops direct reports and others by providing timely, actionable and direct feedback; constructs meaningful development plans and executes them; drive succession and movement of talent. Appreciates and leverages diversity in all forms.
- Ability to analyze complicated issues and boil down to the key points, develop action plans and bring to a successful conclusion.
- Utilizes critical thinking. Deals with complex concepts comfortably; is knowledgeable, capable and agile. Effectively copes with change and deals with ambiguity; doesn’t let perfect get in the way of better; curious and learns on the fly.
- Able to operate with transparency and be trusted; is direct and honest; keeps confidences; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Follows through on commitments and is non-political.
- Is self-aware and humble. Understands personal strengths, weaknesses, and limits. Seeks out and is receptive to feedback to gain insight from mistakes and is open to development; not defensive. Is seen as authentic and viewed as approachable.
- Moves strategy to action. Demonstrates strategic agility; understands business issues and anticipates future trends and consequences; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Makes connections between diverse concepts to generate new ideas. Knows when, where and how to dig into details and/or stay high level. Prioritizes quickly to focus on the critical few to drive action.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and is aware how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; knows the competition; knowledgeable of current, future and emerging strategies, practices and trends.
- Clear and organized communications skills (written and verbal).
- Experience of living and working in more than one market/state will be an important differentiator.
- Drives improved sales efficiency through the rigorous use of sales management tools.
- Experience working in international environments or various market segments.
- Relentlessly customer focused; dedicated to exceeding expectations of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it to drive improvements in products and services; establishes and grows effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect through mutual unfiltered feedback.
- Results driven; is action oriented and has a sense of urgency; sets high expectations; drives change; consistently a top performer; personally accountable for the organization’s results; leads by example.
- Possesses a blend of strong operational and leadership skills with good business and financial acumen.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, strong desire to learn and do.
- Strong knowledge of the Region.
Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: ORM001439