Danaher Corporation Sales Enablement Product Training Manager in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the Sales Enablement Product Training Manager for Chemistry and Immunoassay you would be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, delivering and evaluating a comprehensive training curriculum to ensure product sales proficiency among sales associates.
You would work collaboratively with sales leadership and marketing to identify and execute sales training solutions related to the Chemistry and Immunoassay product portfolio. In addition, you would also partner with various Marketing teams and other key stakeholders to prepare for future Chemistry and Immunoassay product launch training and reinforcement.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Subject matter expertise in current Chemistry and Immunoassay product training content, in both depth and breadth of knowledge, to combine with effective classroom facilitation techniques to train new sales associates.
- Translating highly technical knowledge and concepts into key selling messages taught in training classes.
- Demonstrating effective classroom management to enable the entire class to progress and learn effectively.
- Recognizing the learning styles of individual training participants and adjusts training techniques and coaching to meet their needs.
- Providing candid, specific, and timely verbal performance feedback so that participants are aware of strengths and areas of development along with how to improve.
- Addressing challenging participants through individualized coaching; to include behavioral as well as engagement (over or under communicating/participating) issues.
- Designing and delivering a comprehensive training continuum for new sales associates incorporating different approaches such as instructor-led delivery, eLearning delivery, or virtual delivery.
- Independently evaluating the need for and initiates the review of updated Chemistry and Immunoassay sales training materials through the marketing, advertising, promotional, scientific, and sales material (MAPSS) process. This process is commonly referred to as a Legal-Medical-Regulatory review.
- Leading cross-functional teams or projects to enhance Chemistry and Immunoassay training content development or delivery as identified through in-depth gap analysis.
- Negotiating with the other members of Global Sales Education, the sales force, and/or various marketing teams to adopt best approaches in the delivery of Chemistry and Immunoassay new product launch training content.
- Persuading peer team members: Sales Enablement Product Trainers and/or Sales Enablement Executive Coaches, to implement best-in-class training solutions based on sharing of best practices.
- Developing guest trainers from field sales by providing them meaningful roles contributing to the class.
- Demonstrating an ability to lead without authority in interactions with marketing and sales leadership.
- Building trust and credibility with Sales Leadership by providing performance feedback during or post-training.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9 years of sales training and development, field sales or marketing experience, preferably in the Diagnostics or Healthcare industry.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Chemistry and Immunoassay products and sales processes (ideally the SPIN selling program).
- Possesses broad knowledge of laboratory Automation and Clinical Information Technology.
- Ability to integrate business trends and current brand strategies or selling tactics into training plans.
- Proven excellence in communication, presentation and classroom facilitation skills.
- Competent in project management and concurrently juggling multiple projects.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to influence and collaborate across business functions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate using English
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time (based on the need of the position)
- Preference for the position to be based out of Brea, CA
- Technical experience in the Diagnostics industry (e.g. Medical Technologist)
- Strong knowledge of Adult Learning Principles
- Experience in coaching and providing performance feedback to sales colleagues
- Possesses clear, concise and accurate written and verbal communications
- Familiarity with Sales Force.Com
- Basic knowledge of instructional design concepts
- Ability to learn eLearning Authoring tools (e.g. Microsoft Storyline)
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC013406