Danaher Corporation Senior Manager Customer Service in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Beckman Coulter DiagnosticsSenior Manager Customer Servicewill lead a team of 25-30 associates who administer the order management and frontline call center based in Brea, CA. The Sr. Manager Customer Service will identify and implement strategies to improve the documentation processes, enhance customer satisfaction and retention, and meet or exceed profitability goals. The incumbent will also oversee staff, ensure changes and improvements to company management systems so databases are current, accurate and consistent with customers’ needs; communicate timely to customers their order fulfilment status, including complaint handling; and coordinate with other company departments servicing North America Commercial Operations customers.
- Establishes Customer Service standards, procedures, performance levels and documentation requirements
- Establishes and recommends changes to policy which affect Customer relationships
- Provides guidance to staff to achieve goals in accordance with established policies
- Responsible for associate cycle including hiring, development, and performance management of associates
- Ensures staff skills are developed and maintained on a continual bases whiles staying within financial budget requirements
- Manages relationships with vendors, consultants, contractors, and professional associations to keep informed with existing and evolving industry standards and technologies
- Develops departmental tactical and strategic planning processes
- Communicates Customer Administration status, issues to high level management, users and staff
- Drives Continuous Process Improvements and ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are maintained on a timely manner
- Directs the resolution of complex or unusual business problems across functional lines/departments/countries
- Participates as an active member of the local Senior Leadership team
- Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives, assignments, and long-range goals of the organization
- Meets regulatory requirements and establish policies and procedures. #LI-BC1
* o Education level of Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred o 10 years’ experience in Customer Service or Supply Chain role is required o 5 years’ Experience leading and building high performing teams; prior experience managing a team of 15 employees is required o Strong communication skills - Customer focus and service oriented o Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks: analysis, judgments and flexibility o Ability to manage change and influence acceptance of others especially in sensitive situations o Team player, problem solver, and able to work well under pressure o Excellent computer skills (MS-Office, Oracle ERP) o Lean Six Sigma oriented o Excellent Team leader and innovative thinker capable of making trade off decisions that best represent the customer and business needs. o Ability to work cross functionally in a highly matrix environment and drive teams to success; lead without reporting authority o Decisive; minimizes non-value added work and re-work o Works independently to develop/lead projects and programs critical to the long-term success of the organization o Decisions impact long term North America Commercial Operations o Decisions and results have significant impact on company resources & objectives o Ability to travel 20% of the time Competencies o Leading Teams – hires, engages, and develops employees to achieve high performance levels o Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason o Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments o Omni Channel – Ability to ensure effortless customer experience through multiple channels from email, phone, website. o Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions o Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks o Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; follows through on commitments o Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; edits work; varies writing style to meet specific needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC014868