Danaher Corporation Sr. Account Sales Consultant, Southern California and Southwest in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Based in greater Southern California Southwest area, the Sr. Account Sales Consultant will support and drive sales that support a growing Separations business. Territory includes: NV, UT, AZ, CO, NM with majority of the business in the Southern CA area.
What will you do?
As part of Sciex’s vision to further expand on its market leading position in analytical instruments, the successful candidate will sell, promote and act as subject matter expert for microscale separations products. The incumbent implements the sales plan designed to achieve established sales and financial goals; calls on prospective and current company customers; involves technical personnel to resolve customers issues and problems as needed; may participate in the establishment of sales targets and design of the territory's sales plan; and controls sales expenses.
How will you get there?
- Responsible for such activities as funnel management, regular strategic pricing reviews, forecasting and meeting key performance and financial targets.
- Own and Drive new product and application introductions at Key accounts
- Develop Strategic Technical, Application and Commercial collaborations with KOL’s that support the separations business.
- Understand customer organizations by department, function, strategies, and key programs.
- Master the basic features and benefits of the entire separations portfolio of products.
- Successfully integrate with current MS sales process to provide value added selling strategies to gain synergistic growth in MS and Separations.
- Work with global business unit and marketing team to help define new product opportunities, develop positioning and ensure success during new product introductions; Product discontinuation.
- Track and actively manage competitor activities and generate competitive Responses
- Indirectly lead and hold accountable a team for opportunities within an organization and call upon them when necessary.
- Direct support sales activities including assessing potential markets, planning product life cycle, coordinating technical product development, defining promotional activities and launching new products
B.S Applied Science and at least 7 years sales experience in Life Sciences industry.
5 years of successful sales in the Life Sciences capital equipment market.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Successful record in growing Life Science products, preferably related to separations sciences, including Capillary Electrophoresis and/or HPLC.
- In depth understanding of the separations sciences market in Biopharma, Omics (proteomics, metabolomics, genomics), Industrial (eg food and beverage, petrochemical) segments.
- Understanding of Mass Spectrometry an advantage
- Proven track record of leadership of successful new product sales.
- Track record of analyzing complicated business issues, synthesizing issues to the salient points, developing resulting action plans and executing for results
- Track record of winning through share gain in competitive environments
- Dynamic, self-motivated and driven; independent and proactive
- Strong people leader, able to motivate and drive team to success in a positive manner
- Target and results oriented, manages by fact
- A strong analytical thinker
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Organized and process oriented
- Stretch oriented – embraces & thrives on challenge
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics
Collaborative and team oriented work style
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible to travel up to 50%
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles
Req ID: SCI002784