Danaher Corporation Staff, Medical and Scientific Affairs- US REMOTE in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position support risks assessments and peer-to-peer communications for Beckman Coulter Diagnostics and Life Sciences companies. Support for other Danaher operating companies may also be required.
The responsibilities of this position are to:
- Provide medical and clinical consultation for pre and post-market risk assessments
- Ensure timely medical review and reporting of adverse events
- Represent medical and scientific affairs at meetings of the field action subcommittee
- Support pre and post-market activities including design specifications, regulatory submissions, and review of marketing and promotional materials
- Support Sales in peer-to-peer interactions with customers and potential customers
- Represent the Company in discussions with regulatory agencies about clinical matters relating to existing and future products
- Assist in the planning and provision of training for external medical/scientific speakers and Sales
- Provide input to the strategic planning process for clinical innovation
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with external subject matter experts
The position may be field-based or located in any of the US Beckman Coulter Diagnostics offices. Periodic travel (up to 30% time) will be required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Responding to requests for consultations from Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs
- Reviewing complaints regarding malfunctions of our products
- Responding to requests for consultations from Sales and Marketing
- Reviewing marketing, advertising, promotional, scientific and sales materials for scientific accuracy and content.
- Participating in designated Quality Assurance/ Regulatory Affairs meetings
- Responding to unsolicited requests for off-label information
Candidates should have either an RN, PhD, MD, or MT(ASCP). Experience in clinical laboratory operations and/or in vitro diagnostics industries highly desirable. Experience or training in adverse event reporting, risk assessments, and/or regulatory submissions desirable. Strong written and spoken communications skills required. The position reports to the vice president for Medical and Scientific Affairs. This opportunity will be considered as working full time REMOTE but requires a large airport within a reasonable distance from your place of residence.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC015720