Danaher Corporation Supplier Development/Procurement Engineer in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
TheSupplier Development/Procurement Engineeris responsible for initiating, identifying and supporting Material Cost Projects (MCP) that generate cost savings in the form of Value Engineering Value Analysis (VAVE) and PPV (Purchase Price Variance) dollars. The ideal candidate will drive MCP projects that result in reduction of product costs through re-evaluation of existing mature products lines, cost reduction activities to reduce manufacturing costs, make/buy decisions, or reverse engineering. This person works cross functionally assuring QA, RA, R&D, Marketing, commercial teams, manufacturing, and external 3rd party suppliers to achieve on-time results and within savings goals. Achieved savings will generate improved margins for the business and create funding that can be reinvested to fuel growth initiatives. This position will also include support of Supplier Risk Management, Supplier Relationship Management, global best cost region sourcing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned, in addition to those identified below.
- Drive global in-sourcing, outsourcing, and vertical integration projects that bridge the involvement of complex cross-functional teams and 3rd party suppliers across multiple sites.
- Using a total cost of ownership (TCO) model, competitive quoting, and strong analytics, and select the best outcomes that maximizes business results while supporting commodity strategies.
- Lead and support other assigned procurement initiatives.
- Build and actively work a robust material cost savings funnel of varying projects in scope, size and impact.
- Communicate project progress and actual results to multiple sponsors.
- Champion continuous improvement by using the Danaher Business System (DBS) to build process muscle, accelerate project timelines and generate business results.
- Forecast financial savings metrics and provide input to the annual budget cycle.
- Develop cost optimization programs with target suppliers and internal teams.
- Ensure cost, schedule and supply chain continuity conditions are met in support of quality, delivery, cost, inventory, and innovation.
Ability to travel domestic and internationally up to 35% of the time as required.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
Ability to independently execute on several to many different projects at a time without jeopardizing any one savings goal or tollgate.
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to overcome barriers will have a substantial impact on the overall department goals.
- Developing an intimate knowledge of products produced on-site, especially metals and the according assembly processes, will allow for an understanding of the cost drivers and critical custom components that create opportunities for savings as well as conditions of risk.
- This position allows for multi-commodity exposure across several disciplines and Business Units for those who would like to advance their career in procurement.
Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or equivalent field required.
3-5 Years general business experience in manufacturing environment.
- 2-3 Years Procurement/Supply Chain
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel. MS Project and Power Point proficiency is a bonus.
Experience with Oracle or other ERP system.
Experience driving and managing complex projects.
- Metal/Ceramic injection molding experience.
- Knowledge of FDA & ISO standards. Working in a medical/dental environment is an advantage.
- Experience working in a Quality Management system (QMS) and a Change Control Board (CCB).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills are required to thoroughly examine complex financials.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on follow up and follow through.
- Knowledge of general business procurement practices, techniques and negotiations.
Understanding of business relationships and processes is required.
Ormco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Pomona
Req ID: ORM001232