Danaher Corporation Tax Manager in Brea, California
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
* Primarily responsible for transfer pricing documentation and support functions including strategy and policy setting. * Analyzing and reviewing periodic foreign subsidiaries profitability to ensure each subsidiary is within arm’s length operating margin and when necessary, compute and provide adequate transfer price adjustments and/or compute Transfer Price FIN 48 reserves * Prepare computation of annual and periodic global operational transfer pricing markup factors and resolving various transfer price related issues as they arise in the day-to-day operations of the company. * Prepare periodic legal entity P/L forecasts for Danaher Corporate Tax Submission * Assist with the monitoring and update of SOx narrative as it relates to the company’s transfer pricing policy.
Assist with research and implementation of various tax planning strategies and make appropriaterecommendations to optimize tax positions. This includes working closely with members of other cross-functional groups and Danaher Strategic Business Partners within the Company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated. _ _ _Tax Reporting/Tax Accounting_
Responsible for computations related to federal and state income tax returns, R&D credit, and fixed asset/OTL tax depreciation
- Assist in the Company’s U.S. income tax provision and return to provision reconciliations
- Prepare domestic and state income tax packages
- Assist in audits of the Company’s U.S. income tax return with emphasis on international/foreign aspects of the return.
- Reconcile all federal and state income tax general ledger accounts monthly
- Coordinate and monitor tax accounting/tax reporting of international subsidiaries (US tax compliance packages)
- Act as liaison between Danaher Corporate Tax and Beckman Coulter
- Provide oversight for indirect tax compliance
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must. * B.S. or B.A. degree in Accounting\Finance\Tax * Preference will be given to Master’s degree in Tax * CPA and/or public accounting experience in a global firm is required * A minimum of 9 yearsexperience in a public accounting firm with a proventrack record of increasing levels of responsibility and experience in tax department ofa large multi-national corporation. * Candidate with some transfer pricing experience is preferred; corporate tax compliance experience and some basic knowledge of the international aspects of U.S. taxation with practical experience in this area. * Strong analytical, communication, and planning skills * Ability to work independently to drive positive change within functional area * Software experience with Excel, Oracle, Hyperion, and EPM preferred, but not required. *LI-TH1.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Brea
Req ID: BEC011300