Danaher Corporation Field Service Technician in Brisbane, Australia
Purpose of Position:
• The primary role of this position is to provide repair and preventative maintenance services for all Hach equipment while promoting customer satisfaction and maintenance contract growth.
• Use established ISO work instructions to provide repair and preventative maintenance services for all Hach equipment.
• Conduct routine work in South Australia and Tasmania along with normal Victorian duties.
• Maintain and grow Orbisphere product line in the food and beverage industry.
• Work cooperatively with Service team and field sales staff to promote customer satisfaction.
• Provide service phone support for customers while in their office and while traveling as required.
• Be highly motivated and able to work without supervision.
• Actively promote contractual service agreements and upgrade purchases of new equipment.
• Determine the amount to bill customer within a framework of charges.
• Submit prompt, accurate service reports that affect billing, inventory, instrument history, and instrument failure.
Other Non-Essential Functions:
• Works with rest of territorial staff as a team to meet objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements:
• Trade certificate in Instrumentation
• 5 + years successful experience as a service technician or 5 + years experience with process control systems.
• Mastery of PM, diagnostics & repair on core products as required
• Mastery of PM, diagnostics & repair on other products to fulfill customer requirements within the territory.
• You must have the right to work in Australia. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• The work environment for this position is both office and field sales activity.
• The field sales activity will take this individual into customer’s locations and moderate physical
activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties
does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical
assignment to the position.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.