Danaher Corporation Credit Supervisor in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Completes tasks in the collection, evaluation and assessment of accounts receivable.
- Supervises Credit Team and drives team performance through training, initiatives and process communication.
- Acts as a liaison to assigned division. Participates or leads departmental projects.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities within the order to cash process and recommends solutions.
- Supports less experienced collection staff through indirect coaching and mentoring on system operations, problem resolution and risk assessment.
- May assign work to other team members.
- Participate fully in cash management of the division by turning receivables into cash.
- Monitor divisional deduction trends through CTS system.
- Team lead accepts assignment of customer accounts that require additional experience or involve complex / high risk issues.
- Document division activity that impede timely receivable collection.
- Recommend corrective action to management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for other team members.
- Supports resolution of complex collection with other staff.
- Drives enhance team performance through staff training initiatives and process communication.
- Champions new systems enhancements.
- Trains staff on new collection techniques. Identifies gaps in current processes and recommends solutions.
- Daily phone calls to delinquent accounts for an assigned Region. A/R % current.
- Manage 3rd party collections.
- Identify accounts that need to be placed with a 3rd party agency and manage the ongoing relationship.
- Monthly Account Reconciliations.
- Completion of monthly account reconcilliations.
- Supports divisional requirements through cross functional team, participation, priority issue involvement and special reporting.
- Quarterly attendance at OpCo finance meetings. Member of customer service / AR process improvement team.
- Sox / Audit lead for Credit.
- Participate in annual Sox and Audit reviews, provide data as requested, and mitigate any compliance / audit findings.
- Revenue Recognition Testing Expert / Responsible for Month End Sampling.
- Investigate potential revenue recognition issues within the A/R portfolio.
- Credit Investigation and approval of orders.
- 24 hour review and approval of new orders.
- Ensure CTS guidelines are followed and coding is accurate.
- Run weekly CTS summary reports for QDIP.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Professional Experience
- Credit, Collections or A/R preferred.
- Associates Degree or 7 years' experience
- BS Degree Preferred
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in SAP and Excel
- Intermediate Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
- Works independently and collegially interacts as a team member
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Goal oriented, results driven
- Reports directly to Manager – Financial Accounting
Direct Reports include:
- Sr. Credit Analyst
- Cash Applications Specialist
- Cash Application Clerk
- Liaison to LMS OpCo and Sales team
- Customer Service interaction
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. LMSRSR
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: LEI003956