Danaher Corporation Sr. Accountant in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Sr. Account supports the Manager and Finance Director in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance & Accounting Department, including:
- General accounting for US and Canada to include month-end close, entry preparation, reconciliations, support audit request, and GAAP reporting, as required
- Prepare financial statements and reports, analyze costs, interpret and analyze financial records
- Submit recommendations for improving the company’s accounting processes and help lead process improvement initiatives to gain efficiencies and reduce waste
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with company policy; review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies, and reconciling items
- Apply principles of accounting in analyzing financial information in preparing monthly internal reports
- Implement technology and process automation across the company
- Interact with the various departments throughout the company
- Take on special projects, ad-hoc reports, and analysis, as required
- 5 years related experience in an accounting role; working in multinational company environment preferred.
- SAP a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; expert in Excel IE pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sum-if & higher-level functions, PowerQuery, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems, including SAP, BlackLine, AP Invoice Scanning
- Working knowledge of GAAP and SOX
- Excited for a new opportunity and to excel in their career
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: LEI004161