Danaher Corporation Senior Mechanical Engineer in Burnaby, British Columbia
Be part of something altogether life-changing!
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you’ll do
● Function as lead engineer for mechanical projects; successfully plan and drive projects to a timely completion; proactively communicate/escalate any issues impacting the manufacturing schedule, commercial projects and/or planned field service activities related to the project
● Participate on cross-functional teams as the mechanical design lead and representative; responsible for engineering deliverables and overseeing and directing the activities of subordinate engineers assigned to the project
● Create mechanical products by creating 3D CAD models using Solidworks.
● Create detailed 2D part and assembly drawings of products in Solidworks.
● Review other engineers’ design intent and engineering drawings
● Assemble, test and objectively verify one’s own designs
● Maintain and verify bills of materials (BOM) in PDM.
● Adhere to and champion Product Development Introduction Process (PDIP) and other SOPs
● Quickly develop competence with respect to eQMS (TrackWise) and Change Management SOPs as they pertain to correct, clear and accurate completion of the various change control forms
● Participate in vendor and/or customer projects.
● Identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives pertaining to product development and the mechanical design discipline to drive performance excellence .
● Contributes to the overall success of the company by accomplishing related results where required.
Who you are
● Minimum 10-years of product design experience within an industrial equipment design and manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, telecom, automotive)
● Minimum four-year mechanical engineering degree or equivalent
● Advanced experience in 3D CAD modelling and 2D detailed drawings.
● Knowledge of tolerancing, GD&T and tolerance stack up.
● Extensive experience utilizing best-practices to create and maintain high-quality engineering documentation, such as specifications, bills of material, solid models, mechanical part and assembly drawings, test reports, change orders, etc .
● Proven track record in working with different functional groups to drive continuous improvement initiatives; certification and/or examples of practical application of Lean or Six Sigma an asset .
● A team player and leader with excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, motivation and consultation skills
● Experience applying advanced Excel functions is an asset
● Confidence in one’s abilities with humility and openness to criticism
● Open to ideas and suggestions from others; not stubborn nor ‘married’ to one’s own design; quick to put aside ego and select the best approach regardless of the origin
● Owns up to mistakes and owns the resolution thereof
● Views it as a duty to the profession to provide mentoring and coaching to others
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out!
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.