Danaher Corporation CIJ Regional Product Manager EMEA in Cambridge, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Videojet Technologies, Inc. is the global leader in the manufacturing of coding, printing and marking products. This high technology product prints variable information, such as expiration dates on grocery products, packaged goods, pharmaceuticals or catalogues. As the market share leader, we have operations in over 30 countries with 2600 employees worldwide. A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (www.danaher.com), Videojet is the core of the $800 million Product Identification Platform. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused and growth-oriented, guided by the phenomenally successful Danaher Business System. Working at Videojet, gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
The Regional Product Manager (RPM) will be responsible for the unit, revenue & margin growth of the product line through the Direct End User Sales, Distributor and GSA & OEM’s channels. She/he will drive sales by analyzing sales activity (# of visits, opportunity creation, etc...), measuring sales drivers and proactively engaging with countries when trend is deviating from plan. She/he will get to master market knowledge and local market dynamics through Gemba activities and exchange with Country Managers, Regional Sales Managers and Distributors Managers. The RPM will ensure sales teams are self-sufficient to deliver results and meet revenue growth target.
The RPM will also play a critical role in contributing to the product road map and product life cycle management. A deep understanding of market and applications’ specifics and competitive dynamics will be key to help the organization develop the required products to ensure a sustainable growth.
CIJ is globally the Videojet #1 product line and EMEA is the #1 region for CIJ. Needless to say that CIJ is often on PD and is viewed as strategic lever to drive revenue and margin growth.
A/ Sales Product Management
• Revenue, unit sales and margins for product line
• Analysis of sales activity and results by country / region
• Ensure sales force is capable to independently sell the products for the product line
• Pro-actively provide support to countries and/or Sales individuals to drive improvements for product line
• Manage training and continually assess sales and service engineer product skill sets on existing products and product enhancements / new products.
• Report on PD targets. Ensure funnel value meets/exceeds PD targets. Monitor new product sales calls.
• Monitor and analyze competition and pricing in the region
• Knock Down Barriers to closing deals
• Educate sales force where necessary through hands-on, site by site selling to customers. This will include:
Specifying needs of customer and viability of product
Site surveys, which product, fitting of equipment
Ensure availability / ordering of correct parts to customer site
Support installation with engineer when necessary
• Support GSA and OEM team to develop and win at their specific accounts profile
• VOC: Provide market and customer feedback to marketing (what capabilities do we need to be effective)
• Develop target market strategies in the local market
• Surface any product and/or service issues related to in field and be active team member in quality problem solving
• Proactively find out who needs product/applications sales support with new product
• Develop sales collateral based on local success stories
• Develop sales by vertical
B/ Product Development Management
• Manage the regional product road map so it matches the revenue region growth
• Identify market needs, market segmentation
• Based on POD’s (Points of Difference), contribute to product definition having specific regional needs in mind
• Build product forecast in anticipation of product development by specific market
• Build value proposition and define Average Selling Price per country, customer profile and region
• Develop launch plan to allow product ramp up as desired/planned
• Collaborate and communicate with countries to collect and distribute product estimate sales
C/ People Management
• Lead and develop a team of 3 product specialists (remotely located):
CIJ Product Manager (CIJ entry level product line)
CIJ Application Specialist
• Education – Bachelors degree, a Master degree / MBA would be an asset.
• Work experience - Minimum 5 years of experience in similar technology environment. Experience must be in sales/marketing with a technical background to support field sales and interact with Technical Support Managers, understand connectivity issues and product integration.
• Skills required
RESULTS ORIENTATION: This position is about speeding up the pick up of sales for products and will be measured by total revenue, units and market share gain. Delivering the right analysis and message to the EMEA leader will guide them in their decision to drive the business in the right direction.
CUSTOMER FOCUS: It’s all about customer inputs (both internal and external) and needs in this position. He/she will be the key contact between the customer and the EMEA sales team and the Global team. This person is expected to provide VOC to improve products.
INFLUENCE / MOTIVATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Must be a leader because he/she will not have reports and will have to get things done by influence. In particular, he/she will have to influence EMEA managers to instruct, guide their people to deliver the necessary efforts to push for his/her technology.
ADAPTING TO CHANGE: Videojet is continuously improving the products and processes required to WIN. This position is a key part of this change process. This person is expected to not only drive the change but also adapt to future changes.
COMMUNICATION / INTERPERSONAL CHARACTERISITCS: An ability to communicate well, seek input from others, but not dependent on getting a consensus will be important. Keeps people informed.
• Totally fluent in English.
• Level of travel required: 50% [Initially higher, to understand market and meet different key players in organization].
• This position will be based in EMEA.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Videojet Technologies
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-France-Île-de-France-Paris
Req ID: VID004930