Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer - Process Improvement in Carlsbad, California
Danaher Company Description
At Radiometer, our mission is to help caregivers make diagnostic decisions that save lives. To provide caregivers the insight and confidence that help them arrive at the right diagnostic decisions – decisions that in the end help save lives.
On a yearly basis millions of lives are touched by the information our solutions provide and that’s a fact, we take very seriously; the more critical the setting, the greater the requirements are and that’s why we’ve made it our vision to improve global healthcare with reliable, fast and easy patient diagnoses.
Want to know more about our mission and vision? Click on the link:Link of YouTube video
At Radiometer, we acknowledge that the information our products provide is often the difference between life and death; an acknowledgement that drives and unites us as a company. From biotech and software specialists to financial controllers and engineers, all 3200 colleagues are committed and dedicated to help realize life’s potential.
If you aspire to be part of a purpose, performance and values driven organization whose mission and vision guide every action, we are eager to hear from you.
Radiometer offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Radiometer is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
The Manufacturing /Process Engineer is responsible to design, implement and validate process improvement, cost reduction, yield increase and cycle time reduction. The Process Engineer also investigates root cause of failures and defects as well as, monitors critical process parameters in the manufacturing engineering area. Finally this position develops processes and equipment specifications.
- Provide expert analysis, testing and evaluation of manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Develop new, improved and more robust process methodologies that produce conforming products.
- Create new process documentation. Maintain close contact with project staff to assist in the integration of changes into the product and manufacturing scope.
- Write validations of equipment and processes for capacity expansion and reports of process problems and corrective actions utilizing data that was collected.
- Provide direct support to manufacturing and participate in training of production operators and engineers on new processes and design for manufacturing projects as required.
- Design, implement, and execute process data collection and analysis methods to foster process control and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for regular oral and written communication relating to progress and performance of work.
- Assist with first production unit build and test, and transition of engineering designs into manufacturing process.
- Uses DBS tools and lean concepts in improving manufacturability, productivity, flow, yields, cost, variability, and quality.
- Participates on project teams and completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that proper safety, attitudes, procedures, and housekeeping are maintained on all work programs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical; Master Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' Engineering experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing engineering
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic data collection and statistical analysis methods
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as documentation skills required
- Six Sigma Experience / Certification preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills with experience in Macros would be a plus
Familiarity with JMP is also a plus
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Carlsbad
Req ID: RAD001767