Danaher Corporation Value Stream Manager - Graphics in Carlstadt, New Jersey
Danaher Company Description
In 1963, Pantone revolutionized the printing industry with the colorful PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM®, an innovative tool allowing for the faithful selection, articulation and reproduction of consistent, accurate color anywhere in the world. The tool organizes color standards through a proprietary numbering system and chip format, which have since become iconic to the PANTONE brand. As a partner for color in design, Pantone enable color-critical decisions, from inspiration to realization, for brands and manufacturers. Over 10 million designers and producers around the world employ Pantone products and services to communicate through color, and control consistency across various materials and finishes. Today, Pantone’s color language supports all color conscious industries; textiles, apparel, beauty, interiors, architectural and industrial design, encompassing over 10,000 color standards across printing, textiles and plastics. Pantone colors are available both digitally and physically, and integrated workflow tools such as PantoneLIVE and Pantone Studio, ensure market-relevancy and color achievability as technology continues to transform the design process X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary or X-Rite Incorporated, a Danaher Company, is seeking an experience Value Stream Manager for our Graphics Division location in Carlstadt, NJ. The objective of this role will be to set and lead the achievement of Graphics operational and supply chain objectives for the PANTONE site. Responsible for managing and driving results for Graphics operations, including manufacturing, production planning and scheduling, quality control, and supply chain in support of safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost / productivity targets (SQDIP). This specifically includes the implementation of Lean Manufacturing processes and the development of a Lean organization.
I. SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position significantly impacts the Company’s ability to be globally competitive in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth. This position is also instrumental in the development of a base of Company associates with a solid understanding of our operating philosophy. This position is a key leadership position within the Company, with high visibility, ideally suited to candidates with long-term promotability to a Director of Operations or General Manager position after achieving sustainable results at Pantone. II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all areas of Graphics operations (manufacturing, supply chain, quality control, and production scheduling/planning). Communicate progress through focused meetings with staff and Director of Operations.
- Achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost/Productivity targets through use of Danaher Business System (DBS) methods including active problem solving and Kaizen.
- Lead improvements in inventory and Purchase Price Variance (PPV) initiatives resulting in positive improvements in working capital and margins.
- Work with suppliers to ensure inventory and PPV goals are met.
- Build and develop a World Class Operations team capable of meeting current and future business objectives, to include providing mentoring, career development planning and succession planning for the operations organization.
- Use human resource processes/sytems for employee performance, development, etc..
- Understand critical details and drive systemic, prioritized activities for goal achievement.
- Execute strategic plan and policy deployment through the proper tactical processes, employee engagement and hands-on leadership.
- Professionally represent Pantone operations in customer-facing interactions.
- Maintain area, equipment, and facilities to provide and sustain a safe and quality-working environment supportive of maximum efficiency, productivity, and return on investment.
- Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed.
III. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Operations/Supply Chain Management or Engineering, is desired. MBA is desired.
- At least 5 years of manufacturing management experience within a high mix and metric driven environment, required. Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean/Pull operations environment, required.
- Experience with utilizing lean methodology and tools to improve operations, required.
- Experience in directly managing multiple functions (supply chain, operations, facilities, quality), required.
- Experience setting and managing to budgets, required.
- Demonstrated success in a Supply Chain management role to include yearly material savings and inventory goals, required.
- Experience in a textile dyeing and/or printing operation, desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A demonstrated track record of success in manufacturing management within metric driven, stretch goal environment with yearly improvement goals.
- Demonstrated success in using metric / Key Performance Indicator (KPI) review forums/meetings to drive accountability and execution through the team.
- Detailed understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and concepts with the leadership ability to drive their execution and sustainment.
- Success in managing through influence, persuasion, coaching and counseling and working effectively in as a team.
- Demonstrated ability as a change agent.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles.
- Excellent leadership gravitas and followership.
- Demonstrated aptitude in organization development through a combination of effective talent planning, associate development, and “top grading,” when necessary.
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes. Comfortable in a highly complexity manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NJ-Carlstadt
Req ID: PAN000106