Danaher Corporation Document Control Supervisor in Charlotte, North Carolina
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
In this role you will support the Document Control Department to ensure the highest degree of accuracy is maintained in all controlled documents and QMS electronic processes. You will assist personnel from all company departments with recommendations regarding release, structure and change of all product engineering documentation, external standards and data collection and maintenance of company policies/procedures related to ISO & GMP.
This role provides support for; Master Control, Electronic Form creation, MasterControl validation, employee Training, ensuring that all written procedures, Bill of Materials, documents and engineering change notices (ECN’s) are accurately completed, entered, updated and tracked in the system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Document Control team including setting daily priorities, annual reviews, etc.
- Monitor work into and out of the department for proper adherence to procedure and policy
- Track Department defects and provide corrective action to address defects
- Initiate and drive process improvement activities for local document control activities within the quality management system
- Perform validation of software upgrades, form changes, process improvements and form/process introductions in Master Control
- Manage small projects, new electronic form projects, reduction of process cycle times.
- Ensure the activities of other departments involved in releasing and/or changing controlled documents adhere to procedural requirements
- Make corrections to Quality system and ISO documentation
- Performs the analysis of business issues to be solved with automated systems
- Leads training on business processes and/or the use of systems for the business areas
- Develops and/or contributes to training plans and materials, test plans and materials, and other project related documentation
- Train and mentor Document Control Specialists
- Represent the department in meetings that directly or indirectly involve the functions and responsibilities of the department as assigned.
- Formulates/monitors project plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree
- 3 years of experience using Microsoft Office applications and MRP mainframe systems
- 3 years of experience using an electronic system to control documentation such as Master Control or other similar systems
- 2 years of experience writing procedures and training users on those procedures
- 3 years of direct experience in a Document Control position
3 years of medical device or regulated system experience
- Experience with SAP and Master Control
- Past experience working in an industry with disciplined quality system requirements, with broad exposure to multiple business processes (Medical Device, Automotive, etc.)
- Ability to mentor others, manage projects, create basic programming
- Ability to work independently and lead business process improvement project teams
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Past experience supervising and/or managing a team
- Strong facilitation skills
- Critical thinker, self-starter, team player and the ability work on stand-alone tasks
Good verbal and written communication skills
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Quality and Regulatory Affairs
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NC-Charlotte
Req ID: KAV002681