Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
Position Summary: *In this position, theManufacturing Engineer Manager* is responsible for providing engineering leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering Team. In this hands-on role, you will lead a team of engineers in providing engineering support for the manufacturing operation, including problem resolution of manufacturing issues to ensure the strongest processes to reduce variability and ensure ease of productivity. Your team will also provide engineering support to ensure manufacturability of existing and new products.
You will have overall responsibility for maintaining a process strategy, including equipment selection and maintenance, plant layout, tooling and operator training. Additionally, you will be responsible for continuous improvement (Kaizen and lean manufacturing) to ensure key safety, quality and cost goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive process improvements and ensure appropriate capital equipment and technologies are utilized.
* Develop processes, procedures and tooling used to produce final assembly products, related sub-assemblies and new products.
* Train production personnel as needed on process changes and improvements.
* Serve as area experts to assist in Kaizens, safety action plans, countermeasures, etc.
* Drive problem-solving for production related problems
* Periodically review processing, assembly, and packing methods, procedures and equipment for capability and efficiency of assigned areas. Develops solutions to improve financial performance or productivity as needed.
* Support the strategic objectives of the business through special projects.
* Use lean methodologies to drive to root cause solutions.
* Partner with safety to evaluate and improve jobs, work stations, cells for appropriate ergonomic and safety issues.
* Supervise a team of individual contributors to ensure engineering responsibilities for the organization are met * Provide personal development and performance feedback for the direct reports in the Engineering organization * Monitor and report KPIs to aid in measuring group performance and continuous improvement. * Other projects and duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: * BS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering * 4 years of experience in manufacturing engineering * Experience in FDA regulated facility * Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite Preferred Requirements: * Broad detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes * 2 years of experience managing others * Demonstrated ability to influence others * 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience * 2 years of experience in fixture design * 2 years of experience in 3D drafting software (Solid Works) * Demonstrated ability to drive for results and prioritize * Ability to be adaptable to changing environment * Experience in manual manufacturing facility * Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills * Lean manufacturing / problem solving experience Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NC-Charlotte
Req ID: KAV003030