Danaher Corporation Director, New Product Development in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Works across Business Units within Beckman Coulter Diagnostics (BEC) North America driving successful execution of new product design transfer while contributing to accelerated new product development processes using DBS (Danaher Business System)
Reports to: V.P. Operations, Beckman Coulter Diagnostics
Scope: Accountable for design transfer of products developed within any BEC Diagnostics Business Unit, including Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Urinalysis and Microbiology for manufacture in Beckman Coulter Diagnostics North America manufacturing locations.
Accountable for design transfer of products developed externally and/or manufactured externally that are “new” to any Beckman Coulter North America manufacturing site. Supports design transfer of new product developed in BEC Diagnostics for manufacture outside of Beckman Coulter North America.
* Provide engaging leadership to NPD Operations teams in Miami, Chaska, and Sacramento supporting Hematology, Urinalysis, Immunoassay and Microbiology. Manage talent to ensure associate high retention and engagement.
* Plan, forecast and manage the annual NPD Operations budget to established targets.
* Establish, monitor and report status of NPD project KPI (Key Process Indicator) targets in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Productivity to ensure successful transfer of new products into Manufacturing.
* Engage in problem solving and action planning with new product core teams where needed to deliver the top priority new products on time while achieving quality and cost targets.
* Connect with BU peers and leaders through active participation and decision making in new product forums including new product steering committees, Operating Leadership Team (OLT), and Product Business Decision Team (PBDT) as required and directed. * Grow the NPD Ops team capability in DBS tools applicable to accelerating new product development including SDR (Speed Design Review), 3P, & VPM. * Conduct all work in a safe and compliant manner according to quality system procedures and applicable external regulations Key Leadership Anchor Behaviors: * Charts the Course – Able to set clear strategic direction and annual team objectives for executing and improving design transfer activities. Develops well thought-out business and action plans that account for risk * Leads Through DBS – Drives continuous improvement and standardization of design transfer processes, utilizes DBS tools to accelerate and improve new product design transfer performance
* Builds People, Teams and Organization – Grows the capability of individuals and teams through strong development plans, coaching, stretch work assignments and recognizing success
Bachelor’s degree with 20 years of experience
OR Master’s/Doctoral degree with 18 years of experience AND Related experience including 6 years managing people
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC014867