Danaher Corporation Electrical Engineer II in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Immunoassay development group is in need of an Electrical Engineer to provide electrical design and development support for our current and next generation of Immunoassay instruments. This position will have a focus on investigating, designing and improving electrical systems including printed circuit boards, sensors, motors, PCs and electro-mechanical system hardware.
• Support or lead obsolescence projects, reliability investigations and new product development.
• Perform both empirical and theoretical analysis to formulate conclusions.
• Develop project schedules, track and communicate project status.
• Identify critical design factors and risks that impact customer needs and regulatory requirements, and establish engineering specifications accordingly.
• Create and maintain detailed drawings that include schematics, bills of materials, assembly drawings and material specifications.
• Develop test criteria and test plans.
• Implement design changes through interactions with Manufacturing, Service, Quality and Regulatory.
• Support or lead cross-functional teams, working with other groups to resolve issues.
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field with 2 years of experience or Master’s degree in engineering field with 0-2 years of experience required.
- Experience with instrumentation design and integration including printed circuit boards, microcontrollers, digital and analog circuits, sensors and motion control.
- Experience with firmware or software development preferred.
- Experience using CAD tools (OrCAD preferred).
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot, develop or improve electromechanical systems using analytical and statistical methods. Formal problem solving methodology and Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to focus efforts, overcome obstacles and complete key objectives.
- Continuous learner that seeks out challenges to improve skills.
- Innovative thinker with a bias for action that gets things done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC011142