Danaher Corporation Senior Procurement Analyst in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Analyst Procurement is directly responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of strategic and tactical procurement activities for direct purchases across multiple commodities within the guidelines of Beckman Coulter, Inc. policies and procedures while supporting the operational and financial goals and objectives of the Company and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Manages the purchasing of critical components and commodities for production across multiple value streams.
- Manages the purchasing of expense materials and service suppliers to support MRO purchases.
- Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs.
- Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules. Manages elevated emergency situations, part shortages and expedites when necessary. Works closely with Corporate Strategic Sourcing group to determine long-term corrective/preventative measures.
- Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain.
- Responsible for supplier management to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through use of established lean tools.
- Is assigned to manage specific daily standard work activities to provide daily procurement priority and status to others in the supply chain and operations’ organization.
- Employs procurement automation and standardized buying processes across value streams using tools such as Kanban with blanket orders and auto-releases based on other trigger mechanisms.
- Identifies and assists with resolving any issues that delay material deliveries.
- Can be assigned to lead cross-functional teams focused on supplier lead-time reduction or to lead or participate in special projects for Continuous Improvement.
- Participates on teams to determine specific cost reduction activities that are assigned as commodities dictate. Goals are established and tracked.
- Attend, contribute and represent the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings.
- Providing support and guidance to other supply chain professionals including but not limited to tactical buyers and commodity leaders.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years’ experience; Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or PhD with 0-2 years’ experience.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal leadership skills in a high volume work environment.
- Must have a practical working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems: PRMS and Oracle working knowledge is preferred.
- Previous experience purchasing for MRO is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement/Lean efforts and cost reduction initiatives. * Demonstrated knowledge of how to effectively operate in a regulated procurement environment (FDA, GMED, NCIS etc.)
- Supplier contract creation and management knowledge and experience
- Strong negotiation skills
High level of fluency in MS Excel and Outlook and a medium level of skill in the balance of the MS Office suite of programs
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC013441