Danaher Corporation Senior Procurement Analyst in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Senior Analyst Procurement is directly responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of strategic and tactical procurement activities for direct purchases across multiple commodities within the guidelines of Beckman Coulter, Inc. policies and procedures while supporting the operational and financial goals and objectives of the Company and maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Manages the purchasing of critical components and commodities for production across multiple value streams.
- Manages the purchasing of expense materials and service suppliers to support MRO purchases.
- Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs.
- Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules. Manages elevated emergency situations, part shortages and expedites when necessary. Works closely with Corporate Strategic Sourcing group to determine long-term corrective/preventative measures.
- Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain.
- Responsible for supplier management to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through use of established lean tools.
- Is assigned to manage specific daily standard work activities to provide daily procurement priority and status to others in the supply chain and operations’ organization.
- Employs procurement automation and standardized buying processes across value streams using tools such as Kanban with blanket orders and auto-releases based on other trigger mechanisms.
- Identifies and assists with resolving any issues that delay material deliveries.
- Can be assigned to lead cross-functional teams focused on supplier lead-time reduction or to lead or participate in special projects for Continuous Improvement.
- Participates on teams to determine specific cost reduction activities that are assigned as commodities dictate. Goals are established and tracked.
- Attend, contribute and represent the Procurement Group at regularly scheduled project meetings and other supply and demand planning meetings.
- Providing support and guidance to other supply chain professionals including but not limited to tactical buyers and commodity leaders.
* Bachelor's degree with 5 years’ experience; Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or PhD with 0-2 years’ experience. * Requires strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal leadership skills in a high volume work environment. * Must have a practical working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems: PRMS and Oracle working knowledge is preferred. * Previous experience purchasing for MRO is preferred. * Must have demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement/Lean efforts and cost reduction initiatives.
* Demonstrated knowledge of how to effectively operate in a regulated procurement environment (FDA, GMED, NCIS etc.) * Supplier contract creation and management knowledge and experience * Strong negotiation skills * High level of fluency in MS Excel and Outlook and a medium level of skill in the balance of the MS Office suite of programs
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC011408