Danaher Corporation Staff Software Engineer - Diagnostic Instrument in Chaska, Minnesota
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Beckman Coulter specializes in lab automation to improve the efficiency, cost and accuracy of a medical laboratory. The Immunoassay Development Group is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and support for our current generation of instruments. The team is using mainly Microsoft technologies to develop the software. The current product is a large and complex code base with established technologies of C in Windows. We use Agile/Scrum to collaborate effectively and respond rapidly to change. This role has high visibility to management and is vitally important to maintaining a >1 billion-dollar product line and critically important for the doctors and patients who rely on our instruments for medical decisions.
For this highly complex medical device you will support the user interface and software to control precision motors, precision fluidics and ultimately the diagnostic decision delivered to the doctor. You will work with a cross functional team of mechanical, electrical and systems engineers. Are you an expert in architecture and design that can lead the technical discussion for both the Chaska, MN team and for the India team. Maintaining or delivering new features to a product of this complexity with a goal of increasing software robustness to continually improve our customers' experience requires a passion for digging in, learning, identifying problems and delivering solutions. In this role you will have a very talented team around you who have a passion for mentoring and support as you come up to speed with our business and products. Once up to speed a key part of this role will be teaching our global software partners.
- Develop machine control software
- Collaborate to write or analyze requirements and consider design options with stakeholders
- Support code inspections and provide feedback to drive high quality
- Identify critical risks and contribute to unit and integration test protocolCollaborate to lead complex software investigations including data gathering with cross functional team members, root cause identification, and solution concepting
- Support schedule estimates related to technical content for releasing software solutions
- Mentor local and global associates on software engineering best practices, technical problem solving and approaches to solutions
- Drive knowledge sharing with our global software partners through travel, evening meetings and phone calls
- Lead and participate on Agile Scrum teams
- Work independently and as a team member
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent with 9 years of experience, or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7 years of experience * Experience writing software using an object-oriented programming language such as C or C# * Critical thinker with experience troubleshooting software defects and getting to root cause * Experience and willingness to work with an established product where the design has evolved over time * Personal passion for learning, coaching and knowledge sharing with local and global software teams * Willingness to travel globally approximately 15% * Worked with a modern version control and bug tracking system such as TFS * Experience developing medical device products or regulated environment
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Req ID: BEC016087